Duramat and other plastic floor tiles

Andy m

Andy m

Does anyone have plastic tiles as their garage floor? Seems a nice solution to my uneven many times painted cement/concrete one.

Question though, will tool chests and bike moving trollies run across it?

Cheers

Andy

I once considered carpet tiles. Should help with condensation, keeps it cosy, easy to replace areas with oil stains and not too expensive. Obviously go for the industrial type rather than the fluffy ones :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got my lockup kitted out with recycled vinyls ones, very tough and trollies and bike stands roll fine although side stands do leave an indent eventually.

I'll post you a small sample if you want as I've still got some offcuts 

I'm away this weekend but will sort a pic and brand/cost etc if you're interested 

• Like 1
PoppetM

Garage is carpeted and I have garage mats under both bikes. Can’t speak for trollies but my suitcase wheels beautifully across it 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 14/01/2023 at 14:15, PoppetM said:

Garage is carpeted and I have garage mats under both bikes. Can’t speak for trollies but my suitcase wheels beautifully across it 🤣

Can I come and live with you, my living room hasn't even got carpet 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
Andy m
On 14/01/2023 at 13:46, Trev said:

I've got my lockup kitted out with recycled vinyls ones, very tough and trollies and bike stands roll fine although side stands do leave an indent eventually.

I'll post you a small sample if you want as I've still got some offcuts 

I'm away this weekend but will sort a pic and brand/cost etc if you're interested 

Thanks Trev

Can't decide about doing it yet. Think I'll try the new bike without. I may come back to you for that sample though.

Cheers

Andy

This was my lockup when I first installed the tiles. The floor was already pretty smooth as floated concrete but it went down okay on the garly edges so should be ok on a less smooth floor although obviously will be a little lumpier. I'm trying to decide whether to install the same in the garage at my new gaff over a 'normal' concrete garage floor or get that floor floated first, the cheapskate in me says go for it but I know if I don't do it now before we move in then I'll never do it.

lockup.jpg.15efbf0196865c28a511f4b0e91612a0.jpg

I got them from a company called BigDug but they don't seem to list them anymore. These from Duramat look the same in the pics 

https://duramat.co.uk/product/duratile-graphite-grey/?gclid=CjwKCAiAzp6eBhByEiwA_gGq5MMFlsLMtDHeawKfbhZsHm4PLfmEAHk1Udb2vETI8azRVkRAPqwp0hoC_oQQAvD_BwE

• Thanks 1
listener
On 14/01/2023 at 13:46, Trev said:

although side stands do leave an indent eventually.

You need my patented, hand carved side stand puck.

RRP £35 + VAT ... with forum discount (20%) £28 :D

piece-wood-white-background-63236514.jpg 

• Haha 2
listener
On 18/01/2023 at 08:52, Trev said:

This was my lockup when I first installed the tiles.

Pawn to bishop 3 ... :lol:

• Haha 3
Johnnie Mototrans

Andy

Try before you buy.

I have tried a few things most of which have resulted in a black mouldy backing in jig time.

So experiment.

Ok so Glasgow isn't the driest place on the planet and I have no idea what sort of DPM my garage floor might have been equipped with in the 1970s.

But my floor defo needs to breathe.

So I stick to a plain old fashioned rug or two.

• Like 3