NC750x 2016 replace classic halogen headlight to 2018's LED lamp

Marcin NC750XD

Marcin NC750XD

Hi, I recently bought an used NC750 2018 LED head lamp to replace a halogen one on my bike. I already found the wiring diagram of 2018 version and know what wires are in the plug, but I can't find the connector's exact pin-out anywhere on the net. Can anyone provide me a photo of the wires and the plug or at least write me what color goes to which pin?

Andy m

WTF would you want to?

The NC LED headlight is utterly hopeless. It's like trying to use a laser pointer to find where you dropped your keys in a darkened football stadium.

Stick with the H4.

Welcome to the forum BTW 😁

Andy

Edited by Andy m
  • Like 1
Xactly

What he says; I’d stick to the H4, unless you want up-to-the-minute technology and no effective front lighting. Easily the most useless lights on 30+ bikes. Not sure you can retrofit  anyway.

• Like 2
Rev Ken

If you want a brighter light, get an HID conversion from a reputable British supplier. You should get a beam pattern that passes the MOT. (Some cheap Chinese versions are hit and miss as Quality Control is dodgy.) For a short time the MOT regs were changed to make them a fail but eventually they saw sense. So much better than the NC LED light and standard Halogen.

• Like 3
Steve Case

+1 stick with the H4 plus decent bulbs, LED are bright but way too narrow a beam

• Like 2
Marcin NC750XD

Thanks guys, but I don't ask for an opinion here. I have two additional lamps which are bright enough (2x H7 halogen) so the main headlamp is used as a DRL during a daytime only and the LED one acts much better in this role.

• Like 2
Slowboy

If it helps you sort out the wiring and power requirements, you can pay per view the workshop manual from Honda. It might help you find out where it’s a straight one for one swap or needs a suitable LED driver unit. Never had an LED NC, only a H4 one, but have done some electrical mods for people. The wiring is different, but I’m not aware of the detail.

Marcin NC750XD

OK. I figured it out by myself using an universal meter and a car 12V battery. Here is the pinout of the NC750x LED headlamp connector in case somebody will be doing the same mod:

nc750%20headlamp%20led%20connector%20pin

The image shows the back of the lamp and the connector placed there from the driver's point of view (bottom of the image is a bottom of the lamp). Black pins are N/C, the rest is as described on the picture. The DIMMER Switch pin works like this: when connected to GND switches to high beam, when not connected -> low beam. METER indicator gives +5V DC when switched to high beam (connected DIM SW to GND)

And here are the connector's wire colors from the NC's electric schema:

nc750x%20LED%20lamp%20connector%20schema

Edited by Marcin NC750XD
added images
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3