Rev Up and width adjustment DCT

Markymark11

Markymark11

I haven't actually got my '23 reg 750 DCT yet but I have been reading the user manual online. There appears to be an option for adjusting when the bike changes gear "Rev up adjustment" and how long it takes to change "width adjustment".

If that is correct, can it be changed in each of the riding modes and, from experienced users - is there an optimum setting that works best for our bikes, and is there a factory default setting to put it back to when I muck it all up :getlost:.

Having never ridden DCT before, I didn't realise there was that much control over the DCT function or am I just being stupid which is probably the case :)

Edited by Markymark11
Empty_Ten

I believe it is 3x pre set DCT modes you get (Standard, Sport, Rain)- plus 1x user configurable mode where you can adjust the RPM for gear changing. 

I don’t believe the 3x pre set modes can be adjusted.  So if you do balls up the user mode, you should be able to go back to the pre sets.

DCT has come a long way since it’s been introduced.  I believe the first variant was just one mode (D)  Then later iterations got three additional “sport” modes (S1, S2 and S3).  Then the 2021+ versions came along with the 3x presets and user configurable mode.

Edited by Empty_Ten
Markymark11

Ah thank you, that makes more sense :) and reassuring that I can go back to standard if I get it wrong. Thanks for that.

Jamesc

Isn't rev up / width settings for the shift light only? 

Viator

Here you go @Markymark11NC750X 2023 Engine Modes - How To Change and Set User Mode - YouTube not the best video but gives a fair idea of the modes and user settings. It is only the user mode that you can personalise by setting the levels of Power, Engine Braking and Traction Control. The poster mentions changing riding mode on the move, this is in fact very easy and useful and there is no need to change gear to get it to switch as he mentions you just need to ease the throttle momentarily before it switches.

The dash looks quite complicated at first glance but is in fact very straight forward and useful. It is great that you can switch back and forth between riding modes on the fly though I find there is very little need to other than just having fun. The rain mode is very soft, standard mode will do every thing and sport mode is nice and lively with minimal extra fuel consumption.

I'm sure you will have fun experimenting when you get yours👍

• Like 1
Markymark11

Thank you for that - I will watch it.