Integra 750 2017 - Rear brake retainer mystery

bob b

I'd be very grateful if somebody could tell me where this item fits in the rear brake calliper?  I was replacing my rear brake disc and during the operation this retainer 'flew out' at 80 mph!

Try as I might I cannot work out how & where it fits. I've got the manual, but it doesn't help. I downloaded the exploded parts list - which shows the item, but not exactly where it goes.

I attach a couple of photos, so perhaps someone will take pity on me and draw a line on the photo? Failing that I propose to cut my throat!

IMG_8210.JPG

IMG_8205.JPG

Grumpy old man

It's where the foot of the pads go at the front of the caliper. 

Or should I say the caliper hanging bracket.

Edited by Grumpy old man

Thanks Lloyd for your response. I've given up for the night and will have another look tomorrow morning. I've offered it up all ways and its not obvious to me where the bleedin' thing goes!

Slowboy

@bob b, I reckon it’s part no 10 on this diagram. It’s called a retainer looks like it fits around the mounting plate where the calliper slides. Hope the diagram helps anyway

Brian

F64-F8-B9-A-E188-47-B3-B9-AE-229-EB28588

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Skidt

@bob b I Had exactly the same issue when I did mine recently. Spent a good while trying to work out which way it went.

The below you tube video helped me in the end, fast forward to 2.31 and pause it. You’ll see it fitted at the front (opposite end to the pad pin) of the calliper and should be able to work out its orientation for that. That sorted me out. Good luck. 👍

Edited by Skidt
  • Like 1

That's a great help Allan. Much appreciated.

52 minutes ago, Freeroader said:

@bob b, I reckon it’s part no 10 on this diagram. It’s called a retainer looks like it fits around the mounting plate where the calliper slides. Hope the diagram helps anyway

Brian

F64-F8-B9-A-E188-47-B3-B9-AE-229-EB28588

Thanks Brian. I had just this minute printed off the same diagram! I'll start again in the morning.

It clips in under the pads, from what I remember it has a couple of tags on the clip which keep it in place and when fitted in, you put a smear of anti slip grease on it.

It also puts slight pressure on the pads when you install the pad pin.

Not easy to work it out for the first time, it just falls out.

All done! I was looking in completely the wrong place. Care in the community doesn’t work!
Many thanks for all the assistance.

• Like 2