DCT Gearbox Reset

Simeon

I've heard that the gearbox is reset on the DCT during every service. Is this correct and how is it done as the numpty who serviced it last appeared to change the oil and that was it and I also suspect he put 10W40 in it as it became apparent this was the first DCT he had done. And he had the nerve to charge me £240.

davebike

Is there an issue with the gearbox or auto clutches?? 

If not LEAVE IT ALOWN and the mechanic did it right! 

If there are issues perhaps we can help 

There are lot of experts on the likes of Utube that do not get it right 

My 2018 NC750X dct  45K+ miles  yes in had DCT reset  runes fine on Silkolean pro 4 10/40

Most all Honda bikes are simple reliable and few issues  Changing the oil matters but what oil seldom dose unless you use a CAR oil with a fiction modifier that WILL kill the clutch or clutches wit DCT

• Like 1
Andy m

Car oil would be an interesting experiment. Have you seen one with it @davebike?

Clearing the stored values should still do nothing, the starting point would assume the right oil. The system would then store new values based on the first runs, but if it's not working will hit the limit of what each can be and be back to the point it was at before diagnostic mode.

Question is, does it bring a warning light on, or just keep trying to turn the dial up to 11 in vain attempt to make it work?

Andy

davebike

Yes we seen 2or 3 bikes witth slipping clutches post owner oil change they all addmited using a "good" oil sold for cars  the first time we replaced the friction plates and a few dayes later the steel as well 

We now if we sustect the oil replace the compleat stack

Sadly getting the true story out of some customers is like blood out of stone they think it will save them but actually cost more as we waste time working out what has been done!

• Like 3
MatBin

My Sprint ran ok on car oil, did it before I realised there was a difference, oops!