Showa dual bending valve forks

Ian Johnston

Ian Johnston

Hi All,

2017 NC750X DCT

I find the suspension ok on reasonable roads but very " crashy" when hitting poorly filled potholes or tarmac  joints.

Question:  Can YSS PD valves be fitted to forks with Dual Bending Valves fitted or is there another answer ?

I've already tried lighter oil with slight improvement.

Thanks

Steve Case

Evening, they all do that sir!

I think people on this site have tried valves lighter oil etc but how far are you willing to go to fix suspension on what is a reasonably budget bike.

Obviously if you do go ahead run a comparison route (bumpier the better) if possible and give us all your feedback please.

davebike

Yes did that this week  I think it drilling out the damper valves that makes the biggist improvement  oridgnal is way overdamped

there a thread in Accessories & Modifications Mechanical Items 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 12/05/2023 at 18:11, Ian Johnston said:

Hi All,

2017 NC750X DCT

I find the suspension ok on reasonable roads but very " crashy" when hitting poorly filled potholes or tarmac  joints.

Question:  Can YSS PD valves be fitted to forks with Dual Bending Valves fitted or is there another answer ?

I've already tried lighter oil with slight improvement.

Thanks

Hi Ian. As Steve rightly says - "how far are you willing to go to fix suspension on a budget bike. The SDBV forks on my 2019 NC750X now have 6.75W fork oil set to a level of 190mm & the harshness is reduced a little. I suspected tyres could improve things, no idea what tyres you're running ! The original Bridgestone Battlewings on mine have now been replaced with Pirelli Angel ST's (because they're sensibly priced & have relatively soft side walls) & the harshness has been reduced still further. It's not perfect, but it's significantly better. The bike not only rides more comfortably, but it actually handles. I can now ride it with confidence & it feels more like a proper motorcycle. Possibly worth a try (especially as tyres have to be replaced anyway from time to time) before going to significant expense !

• Like 1