Coolant drain bolt sealing washer-Part number

djsb

The service manual says to replace the coolant drain bolt sealing washer after I've drained the coolant. I've drained it once before, but didn't replace it with a new one. I don't want to use the old washer again, so I want to fit a new one this time. Does anyone have the correct part number? Is it 90430-PD6-003 (replaces 90463-ML7-000) item 27 here?

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/750-MOTO/NC/2014/NC750XDE/Engine/CRANKCASE/103901/E_14/1/16221

If anyone has replaced this washer, could they double-check if this number is correct? Thanks.

David.

Edited by djsb
wingrider.steve

Yes, 90430-PD6-003 is the correct washer for the coolant drain bolt.

• Thanks 1
poldark

I really should change my coolant (just a lazy mechanic!), I have the fluid but your post has embarrassed me into getting it together.

Before I visit the garage (me delaying, no!) do you have any pearls of wisdom on the job, does it drain sufficiently just with radiator cap removal?  

I'd measure what comes out and refill the same, did you run it with the cap still off to check for airlock?

Thanks

Edited by poldark
Beerbelly

Just did mine a couple of weeks ago, dead easy. The hardest part was getting the small screw in the radiator cap to budge, popeye must have installed it. The only tip I have is that Honda type 2 coolant which is perfect for the job is cheaper to buy in bulk, handy if you have more than one bike, or as in my case, two Honda bikes and a Honda car. I just reused the  original drain plug washer without any issues. Expansion tank is simple enough to empty, after refilling and letting it get up to temperature  I gave it a few blips of throttle to purge any air, topped up and job done.

Edited by Beerbelly
MatBin

The Auzzie bloke has a video on YT, looks easy enough, apart from that locking screw, presumably it keeps the cap on to stop naughty people from doing things they shouldn't.

Steve Case

I accidently dropped the locking screw into a conveniently placed receptacle.

Xactly

It was easy enough on mine. I had already drained the radiator once before to do the valve clearances. Draining the whole system releases a fair bit more coolant. I had no trouble with the rad cap locking screw, once I found a screwdriver that fitted it properly (probably JIS). I don’t remember buying a drain plug washer. Either I already had one of a suitable size or, if it’s copper (I don’t remember) I would have annealed it and reused. Didn’t leak whichever. I just used Halfrauds OAT antifreeze. It has a five-year life.

Steve Case

I need to drain the whole thing. Last time i simply dropped the rad to check the valves.