Hazard Lights (4 way flashing)

Whysub

My 2023 NC750X have these, but they won't be very useful in a breakdown, as they do not continue to flash once the ignition is off.

Have I missed a "secret" or is that the way they should be? Quite pointless really if so.

• Like 1
Andy m

Do they work with the ignition in the park position?

Andy

Jamesc

The manual says with ignition on only

• Like 3
Xactly

At least you won’t get a flat battery….😊

• Haha 1
ChrisCB

Honda have changed the way they work, on my 16MY CB500F they stay on when you turn the ignition off, on my 22MY CB500X they turn off when you turn the ignition.off.

• Like 1

My old Yamaha scooter has them. Can't turn them on when the ignition is off,  but they will stay on if switched on and the ignition is then turned off.

If I have to use them on the NC for a breakdown (not that I ever expect it to breakdown),  the battery will surely flatten quicker with the ignition on?

As I said, quite pointless having them.

Edited by Whysub
Defender

I'm pretty sure that on my 2012 '700 X' they don't work with the ignition off?

I can just imagine certain 'people' with little better to do would go around turning then on when bikes are parked up an the owners returning to find they can't start their bike due to a discharged battery!

ChrisCB
30 minutes ago, Defender said:

I'm pretty sure that on my 2012 '700 X' they don't work with the ignition off?

I can just imagine certain 'people' with little better to do would go around turning then on when bikes are parked up an the owners returning to find they can't start their bike due to a discharged battery!

The hazard warning switch isn't permanently active, it will only become active when the ignition is cycled.

Edited by 61CJG
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Whysub said:

My old Yamaha scooter has them. Can't turn them on when the ignition is off,  but they will stay on if switched on and the ignition is then turned off.

@Defender

See above.

Edited by Whysub
listener

My 2018 NC750X allows for the hazards to be turned ON with the engine running.

They stay ON when you switch the ignition off until you turn them OFF at the switch.

It seems that from at least 2022 Honda have abandoned that idea.

Rather stupidly IMHO.

Sitting with the ignition on, as needed for the hazards to work, will also have all the lights (tail/head etc) draining your battery.

Being able to switch off everything (almost - still got HISS & clock) except the hazards has got to be better.

• Like 1