NC700S - Michelin Road 6

Sl1k91

Hi All,

Recently changed my front tyre from an old RoadSmart to a RoadSmart3 and have come across the whining front wheel! Have had the bike for 3 years and wasn’t even aware of the problem until I changed the tyre and started searching the forum! 

General consensus on here seems to be Avon Storms are the answer! But I’ve been eyeing up Road 6s for some time and was curious as to whether these are just as quiet or will cause a similar issue? I know this topic has been talked to death in the past but haven’t come across anything on the noise and Michelins in the same discussion? Don’t want to sink a load into a set of tyres just to find out they whine just as badly!

Any thoughts appreciated 👍

outrunner

Never ridden on 6's but have used Road 5's  on my NC750X, now departed, and did not find them noisy.

Andy.

I have recently fitted the 6's and they are a different world to the original Bridgestones. I don't have any issues with noise with them

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
FurstyFerret

Have had Michelin Road 6s and they've been excellent. Have lasted a long time on the NC also. Previous tyred were Metzeler RoadTec and the Road 6s have been the better investment for me. Don't seem to square off as quickly and the grip wet or dry has been awesome. Initial concerns were some saying they're puncture prone (know I shouldn't type this) but so far and quite a few thousand in...

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Steve Case

Just be careful with the dual compound front in the winter

Rev Ken
16 hours ago, Steve Case said:

Surely dual compound is helpful - even in winter? They are the best tyre I've ever used, especially in the wet. I used them in Scotland during winter and didn't find any unpleasant characteristics. 

• Like 1
Rocker66
17 hours ago, Steve Case said:

Why????

Steve Case

If you lean on em they start to wash out on cold tarmac.

Slowboy
6 minutes ago, Steve Case said:

Never had that happen Steve in over 300,000 miles of riding all year. Guess I must ride like a wuss….😂😂

• Like 1
Rocker66
53 minutes ago, Steve Case said:

46 minutes ago, Freeroader said:

Never had that happen Steve in over 300,000 miles of riding all year. Guess I must ride like a wuss….😂😂

Like @FreeroaderI have never had that happen with modern tyres including the Michelins

• Like 1
Steve Case

Fair enough just saying.

Rev Ken
18 hours ago, Steve Case said:

Strange as the softer - that is better gripping- part of the tyre is on the side walls. My experience suggests if you 'wash out' on this Michelin you'll wash out on all tyres! Oh and before I had to give up riding new IAM Associates were told not to follow me on a ride out as 'that old bugger will have you off', so I wasn't a 'wus'.

Edited by Rev Ken
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1