2015 NC 750x standard screen high low

Ian Andrews

Ian Andrews

Sorry for what might be a daft question. But please would anyone have a recommendation for setting the screen in the lower or upper setting. I am 5ft 10 if that is relevant. The settings must have some impact even though the OEM screen is rather short. Thanks

Think there are some fittings called Brundt(?) that enable further movement of screens. If you are lucky moving the std screen may help but I'd suggest buying and trying different types of screen 2nd hand to find one that works for you without spending too much! Alt buy a Madstad scrn as almost everything is instantly adjustable but mega ££££!!!

Edited by MPG100
Ian Andrews

Thanks for the rely. I may have answered my own question with the standard screen and that is to keep it on its lower setting. Unless the screen is very large it will only add to extra noise and wind buffeting. The science was really helpful I thought in this article to help me understand the variabilities at play. to  https://www.advrider.com/windscreens-and-other-causes-solutions-for-noise-and-buffeting-in-motorcycle-helmets/

• Like 2

I fitted a 'Givi D1111ST Clear Windscreen' to my 2015 NC750X .

I find that the weather protection is a lot better and slightly less wind noise,I'm happy with it.

I'm 6'1" so it could be different for shorter or taller riders, the standard low screen left me too far out in the elements for my tired body. :no:

• Like 1

I have a larger screen in my loft that would fit your bike.

If you want to try it I could meet you halfway at somewhere like Chelmsford [A12]...

• Like 1
steeve139

I bought a small screen-spoiler on the online website for about £20.  The best £20 I ever spent on a bike accessory.  I am 6ft tall.

Originally I was going to use it as proof-of-concept before buying a taller screen for >£100.  But in the end it worked so well, I just left it on and saved my money....

• Like 1
Ian Andrews
On 28/06/2023 at 15:19, steeve139 said:

I bought a small screen-spoiler on the online website for about £20.  The best £20 I ever spent on a bike accessory.  I am 6ft tall.

Originally I was going to use it as proof-of-concept before buying a taller screen for >£100.  But in the end it worked so well, I just left it on and saved my money....

I seem to agree. Unless the screen is very large you are better with a smaller screen as often it will make wind noise and buffeting worse.

Ian Andrews
On 28/06/2023 at 12:02, Tel said:

I have a larger screen in my loft that would fit your bike.

If you want to try it I could meet you halfway at somewhere like Chelmsford [A12]...

That is a very kind offer and much appreciated. However,  I have compared the original screen on both settings now and know the lower setting is best. I prefer the aesthetics of a smaller screen for the bikes appearance.