Flashing Gear Indicator

Greetings folks - been away a while battling the grim reaper - as such my bike hasn't been out for a couple of years. It's a 2015 model with less than 3k on the clock serviced just before I fell ill.

Question: Is there a cure for the flashing gear indicator?

I've trawled the internet and quite a few owners have had the problem but nowhere do I see a fix.

Because of the long lay-up my battery was duff, fitted a new Motobatt Premium and the bike fired up on the button -  rides well and all gears change as expected but the numbers flash.

Any ideas anyone?

• Sad 1
steeve139

The service manual (all 770 pages) is available to download from this site (and probably elsewhere as well).  I expect that should offer some help.  It would be interesting to know how the gear number is detected in the engine.  I expect there is a 50% chance of a faulty connection in a connector between the sensor and the dashboard.  And a 50% chance it is the sensor - whatever that might be.

I expect that the normal owners manual just says "go to the dealer".

Try looking the Service Manual first.

Welcome back.

Skidt

Sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope that you’re properly out of the woods now?

As above, if you’re a subscriber, the manuals are available in the “downloads” section.

failing that, do a few searches on here, as even in my short tenure here, I’ve seen a few threads relating to it. 

Best of luck getting the bike sorted and for continued good health. 

Problem fixed - it's gone away all on its own.

• Like 3
MatBin
On 02/07/2023 at 16:14, 911767 said:

Problem fixed - it's gone away all on its own.

Might be that several cycles of hot/cold/running clears the fault. My Sprint used to do that every time I took the battery off.

• Like 1