Seat height

Philip Evans

Philip Evans

Hi I’m a left leg amputee, hence the need for DCT. I’m also only 5”2 with an inside leg of 26.5

so I need to lower what ever model I get significantly. Any ideas please?

baben

Lowered NC S if you can find one. I think they are easy to lower but you also need to shorten the side stand.

• Like 3
Trev

Try a lowered NC700/750S dct, seat height is lower than the X to begin with and lowering kits available as well although you may need to get side-stand sorted by local engineer/welder. Good luck, they're cracking bikes so we'll worth the hunt 

Philip Evans

Cheers thanks for that, I’m just recovering from a triple bypass so will be looking into it around September time, thanks again 

phil

jeremyr62

You can get longer dogbones that will lower the rear from the auctions site. 

Trev
1 hour ago, Philip Evans said:

Cheers thanks for that, I’m just recovering from a triple bypass so will be looking into it around September time, thanks again 

phil

Wow, good luck with the recovery, my good friends Father has just had T bypass, four weeks ago, and is doing ok, tough gig but he already feels better than before the op 

Grumpy old man

Hi 

Best wishes for a prompt recovery. 

Just a thought, low seat height, DCT

The Cmx 1100. 🤔

• Like 4
Andy131

Best wishes for speedy recovery.

The good news is you don't notice how run down you are as the pipes gradually block, but you do notice the extra energy once they are unblocked.

The bad news is that you will  rattle for the rest of time as the medical staff make very sure that you don't come back for more of the same.

Had an emergency 5 way bypass (CABG) a good few years ago, never looked back.

MatBin

Back in the mid 60's they did a different type of operation instead of the modern bypass, sadly, for my Dad, it wasn't as successful as the present day operation. Medicine is like that and I am glad all you guys have had a successful outcome.

Have you thought about an NC 3 wheel conversion?

Skidt
14 hours ago, Grumpy old man said:

The Cmx 1100. 🤔

That’s a great shout! 👍 No messing to be done then hopefully. 

• Like 2
baben

My old pa went in for a routine check up - scan. "You're not going home . You could drop dead any moment!" Turns out there was a bulge in his aorta as big as a tennis ball - aneurism waiting to happen. They opened him up top to bottom and did what they needed to do. Gave him another ten years. Dementia got him in the end:mad: - but he was 86.

baldric
On 06/07/2023 at 18:59, Grumpy old man said:

Hi 

Best wishes for a prompt recovery. 

The Cmx 1100. 🤔

Plus one for the good wishes and plus another one for the CMX 1100 idea. I had a CMX1100 DCT for a year up until I traded it in for my current NC750X DCT. The CMX is incredibly low (700 mm so 27.5 inches) and all the weight is also down low. The bike is fast, handles better than you would expect for a "cruiser" and quite fun. But, and for me this was a big but,  the riding position is quite cramped and the bars are not in a good position for relaxed riding. I added risers to mine, and a slightly higher (better padded) seat, but in the end I found it too uncomfortable for anything over 100 miles. hence my change to the NC.  Whilst the low seat will certainly help you, do try a CMX before buying as the stretch to the bars could be uncomfortable. But any good dealer will add risers for you if you ask. There is a guy on youtube called Gus who blogs under the name "on the rebel 11" (https://www.youtube.com/@ontherebel11) who absolutely loves the CMX11, take a look - he is fun.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
Blandy199
On 06/07/2023 at 14:18, Philip Evans said:

Hi I’m a left leg amputee, hence the need for DCT. I’m also only 5”2 with an inside leg of 26.5

so I need to lower what ever model I get significantly. Any ideas please?

Philip, somewhere I have a set of dogbones that might do for you. I had the opposite problem, mine was too low when I bought it so I had the stock ones fitted. Also, the front fork stanchions had been slid through the yokes to help with the lowering. The only thing I would add is that with the lowered back end, the rear suspension didn't seem to travel as far making for a very harsh bumpy ride which was improved enormously for me when I had the stock dogbones fitted. If I can fine them, you are very welcome to the dogbones for the cost of the postage.