ABS Fuse Location

Staningrimsby

Staningrimsby

Hi Everyone,

My 2013 NC700XA has been off the road the last year in my garage, I'm putting it in for MOT on Friday so took it out yesterday but the ABS light is on.

I know the bike has to be running for it to go off so I put it on the centre stand, started her up (first go after a year I was very impressed) and dropped it into first taking her up to 20mph but still the light remains on.

Can someone please direct me to the ABS fuse location please as that's my next point of call.

ChrisCB

When you say you "took it out" do you mean out of the garage or actually rode it?

Running it in gear on the centre stand will induce a fault as both wheels need to be turning for wheel speed reference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
jeremyr62

Running it on the centerstand isn't going to help. I assume you have ridden it? Take the sensors out at the ABS rings and make sure they are not crudded up.

I doubt it will be the fuse. The ABS pump might have seized due to inactivity. Try riding it a bit more first.

• Like 1
Staningrimsby

Cheers guys, yes when i say taken it out i mean the garage not ridden it at all yet, I did try to take the ABS sensors out of their rings but they are stuck in extremely tight.

Xactly

Try riding it. You haven’t given it chance to activate on its stand. It works by comparing the rotational speed of the front and rear wheels. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Staningrimsby

Cheers all took her out for a quick spin and ABS light went out within a few mins.

• Like 2