Front folks oil seals

Zoeson

Hi all my Honda nc750s has a leaking oil seal,any ideas how to safely get the wheel and folks off without a centre stand.my bike has only got the side stand fitted.

Thanks Ian

Stick a car jack under the right side of the engine with a block of wood to avoid damage.

• Like 1
Johnnie Mototrans

Assuming fork oil seal?

A paddock stand, a car jack, two ratchet straps and a garage roof beam.

Get the rear up on the stand.

Gently support with a car jack and block of wood under the engine

Crack off but do not loosen the fork top caps, the front spindle and the yoke Allan bolts.

Carefully raise the plot with the car Jack until the front wheel leaves the ground.

Support with a ratchet strap to each end of the bars.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

If you haven’t got a paddock stand or a garage roof beam, your side stand and a car jack will be fine.

And crack the nuts and bolts open before you get the front wheel off the ground.

• Like 1

Best and safest way is an ABBA stand not cheap and you need a swing arm removal kit as swing arm bolt is not accesable on NC's

Grumpy old man
18 minutes ago, davebike said:

Best and safest way is an ABBA stand not cheap and you need a swing arm removal kit as swing arm bolt is not accesable on NC's

Mmm! Just a thought would it not be cheaper getting a centre stand🤔.

Handy when travelling too.

• Like 1

Honda isn't the worst offender in my opinion, but I sense a rising pressure for "repairability" to be a consideration at design meetings. Special tools have their place, but sometimes it looks suspiciously like "couldn't be bothered to design it to have accessibility".

Back in the day, having to remove a Jag's inner wing to get to the rear sparkplug was a "wtf" example that springs to mind.

Note to self........check my 'S' to see what I need to design/make to make swingarm removal/lubrication quick and easy.

Another dive into the scrap bin for some mild steel offcuts (sigh)

Tegraman

• Like 1
jeremyr62
On 09/09/2023 at 22:16, Zoeson said:

Hi all my Honda nc750s has a leaking oil seal,any ideas how to safely get the wheel and folks off without a centre stand.my bike has only got the side stand fitted.

Thanks Ian

I'm selling a S centre stand if you want to go that way.

Hi ime interested. In the stand,I think it would be the easiest option for me as I am getting on in years.

what is the price and would you post it obviously at my cost.I live in Chester.

email me ianholdsworth@live.co.uk

regards Ian

jeremyr62

It's advertised in the for sale section of this site.

See the thread  For sale. Lots of NC750 stuff. Including Shad seat for NC750s and Integra swingarm.

If you want it quickly, probably not going to work for the reasons I explain in the post. 

On the upside it will be in Sale (M33) so I'd even fit it for you..

Hi Jeremy,ime interested in the Honda centre stand ime assuming everything is there to fit the stand to my bike I am an elderly gentleman and don’t want to be running around for odd bits.did you mention it was a Honda part for the bike.if every thing is okay let me know the price with the postage.

regards Ian

jeremyr62

Honda OE centre stand with the bar, springs and threaded pin for the spring and fastening bolt. (This will fit the post 21 X but is too short for the earlier X) GBP50

I'll take it to email.

Hi all who responded to my message about leaking folk oil seal thanks for info on how to make my bike safe while doing the seals I’ve sourced a centre stand for my bike to do the job.

thanks again

Ian

• Like 1