44 tooth rear sprocket?

blan

Dose anyone know if a 44 tooth rear sprocket is available for an NC700X 2013. (Non-DCT) I'm changing my gearing to better suit the new welsh 20mph limit.

Oh by the way, we are re-branding the country. It will now be known as "Snails" not "Wales" and our flag will also be updated to picture the shell bearing slug as opposed to the traditional dragon.

Grumpy old man

In Wales at the moment  still sll the 30mph signs going through villages so when is this all to change? I was told by a local only certain places. I certainly wouldn't be lowering the gearing 1st and 2nd gear no problem at 20.

Welsh cars are getting these

Screenshot-20230917-100502-01.jpg

Andy

• Haha 5
42 minutes ago, Andy m said:

Welsh cars are getting these

Screenshot-20230917-100502-01.jpg

Andy

Soon the Supercub will be the bike of choice over the border, once it's been restricted of course :whistle:

• Haha 6
3 hours ago, Grumpy old man said:

In Wales at the moment  still sll the 30mph signs going through villages so when is this all to change? I was told by a local only certain places. I certainly wouldn't be lowering the gearing 1st and 2nd gear no problem at 20.

Today. The Fuzz are only going to have words with transgressors apparently, at least initially. I suppose nobody thought to change all the signs before it all goes live….

There are even rumours of people "recovering" the 30 signs from the scrap and putting them back 😁😁😁

What's the Welsh version of the ones dealing ULEZ cameras? Blade Boyos? 😈😁😈

Andy

Can we have the 30 signs put round the M25 as a minimum speed sign, guess we would need to paint them blue.

Jeffprince

Road rage has been rife today, loads of tailgating and tempers fraying.

11 minutes ago, Jeffprince said:

Road rage has been rife today, loads of tailgating and tempers fraying.

They've been ready for that since the 90's 

Maybe they should get Mulder and Scully to investigate?

Andy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

.....Maybe they should get Mulder and Scully to investigate?

Are you suggesting that our legislators are from a different planet?

• Haha 2
Grumpy old man

A couple of weeks ago I was riding around Central Wales, Devil's Bridge, Elan Valley,etc and there was lots of evidence of new signs but driving through Llangollen, Corwen, Bala and all the villages inbetween this weekend there's been no sign of new signs.

If the signs are still showing 30mph then that must mean 30mph, yes?

But I still can't see any reason to alter the gearing, it's only 30mph areas that's being changed.

Riding through France most the villages are 30KPH (19mph) and even in Scotland most the villages are 20mph I can't see what the fuss is about.

Don't forget any change in gearing will put the speedo out.

• Like 2
Slowboy
22 minutes ago, Grumpy old man said:

A couple of weeks ago I was riding around Central Wales, Devil's Bridge, Elan Valley,etc and there was lots of evidence of new signs but driving through Llangollen, Corwen, Bala and all the villages inbetween this weekend there's been no sign of new signs.

But I still can't see any reason to alter the gearing, it's only 30mph areas that's being changed.

Riding through France most the villages are 30KPH (19mph) and even in Scotland most the villages are 20mph I can't see what the fuss is about.

Wise words matey👍 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Andy m said:

They've been ready for that since the 90's 

Maybe they should get Mulder and Scully to investigate?

Andy

Great track, thanks for the reminder Andy, Cerys Matthews has such a distinctive voice and was perfect for the 90's vibe, she's done some excellent solo stuff as well ............

anyhoo, back to the thread :D

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Andy m said:

There are even rumours of people "recovering" the 30 signs from the scrap and putting them back 😁😁😁

What's the Welsh version of the ones dealing ULEZ cameras? Blade Boyos? 😈😁😈

Andy

If they’re simply removing the 20mph signs maybe Score-keepers?

Speed awareness course in Cardiff

Screenshot-20230918-162636-01.jpg

Andy

• Haha 5

I love riding in Wales, however with the new draconian speed laws being inflicted upon it, I'm not sure it's a place I want to go to anymore. I guess that's what Mark Drakeford wants though. Shame really as its the small village businesses that will ultimately lose out if he kills tourism off.

Grumpy old man
1 hour ago, mark1971 said:

I love riding in Wales, however with the new draconian speed laws being inflicted upon it, I'm not sure it's a place I want to go to anymore. I guess that's what Mark Drakeford wants though. Shame really as its the small village businesses that will ultimately lose out if he kills tourism off.

I drove back from Bala yesterday and the 20mph only applies in the 30mph sections if makes no difference to the rest of the roads the big problem is other drivers driving below the legal limit but on a bike that wouldn't be an issue.

Don't miss out on some nice riding for the sake of a few miles of 20mph and to be honest a lot of the 20 limits you wouldn't be riding much faster anyway. 

It ain't a problem. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seeing as this thread is well and truly hijacked!

The poor motorist is going to get penalised for exceeding the 20 limit.  £100 & 3 points or Speed Awareness Course & £100.  Falr enough I suppose.  But.  What about Cyclists?  I often see swarms of MAMILs peddling furiously and doing well over 20 mph.  A car or motorcycle will stop quicker than a bicycle will.  Will they be penalised?  

Then there's the ULEZ, coming to a City near you.  All because dirty diesels are according a S Khan killing thousands of people.  But, if you cough-up £12.50 (no pun intended) that makes it ok.

Technically you can't be prosecuted for speeding on a pedal cycle as it isn't required to have a speedo - I had no idea of the speed your honour.

But I believe you could be prosecuted for "pedalling furiously" - I couldn't obviously, on two counts.

1) there's no way I would walk quickly let alone pedal quickly.

2) hell will freeze over before I get on a pedal cycle - and pictures of me in Lycra would be a memory not very easily erased.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
On 17/09/2023 at 06:59, Grumpy old man said:

Cheers fornthe reply, I've now changed the front to a  15t sprocket and the bikes way better in all situations.

• Like 3
steelhorseuk
On 17/09/2023 at 06:45, ChrisCB said:

That Renthal hard anodised gold rear sprocket is the business.

I decided to spend the extra few £ and replaced the JT for the Renthal last year before my Pyrénées tour .

It looks the biz partnering the DID gold chain.  Still surprised how many comments I get. 

Edited by steelhorseuk
On 17/09/2023 at 13:53, Grumpy old man said:

I've changed the gearing now and added a speedoheeler and the bike is much better in all areas not just the 20mph areas. Acceleration is great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1