2023 NC750x wiring to the rear light cluster

David Doran

David Doran

The 2023 NC750x wiring to the rear light cluster does not agree with online diagrams. I have black, green and pink wires going to the cluster not the pink/blue, green/yellow and green wires usually mentioned for earlier models. Does anyone know the function of each of these wires?

Edited by David Doran
DaveM59

Black is usually ground, previously green, so the other 2 will be tail light and brake light +ve. I bet the green is brake light, to find out look at the colours at the rear brake switch and if one is green that confirms it. Pink will be tail light.

• Like 1
David Doran

Thanks for that Dave M59. Just got myself a copy of the 2021 NC750X wiring diagram and it would appear that Pink is the power supply(+ve), Black is the brake light supply and Green is earth.

You would think some sort of industry standard colour coding for earth would apply? Too much to ask for?

Andy m
13 minutes ago, David Doran said:

You would think some sort of industry standard colour coding for earth would apply? Too much to ask for?

Yes.

Why would Honda help you put Honda dealers techs out of business and give easy access to people hacking goodness knows what into the loom.

Who would compensate the suppliers of Orange cable when Violet becomes the most used.

Which manufacturers standard would be adopted? They'd all vote for their own.

The academics and professional committee men at the UN, EU etc. would want something theoretically perfect like numbered cores. Fine for DAF, but would put Morgan and Moto-Guzzi out of business.

Would you be happy if ABS, Airbags, ESC and reversing sensors had been banned 25 years after their invention while the cables colour standard committee drank expense funded Champagne?

The average vehicle has 40+ computers, so even ancient telecomms blokes would struggle to tell lilac from light purple.

Andy

• Like 1

As an ancient telecomms bloke we would do non sequential jointing on the bigger cables (4800 pair cable) and buss them out from exchange to cabinets, keeping the pairs in the same wapping. I did a few jobs in the City of London before finding a job in External Planning. My eyes were not up to job for long Andy.