NC750X - changing the headlight bulb

NC750_Nick

Hi all,

I have recently acquired a 2014 NC750.   Lovely bike but I now need to change the headlight bulb and can't see how I can easily get my XL hand down behind the steerer column to easily access the bulb housing.   I have seen a couple of videos for the NC700 which make this look easy but can't see where I need to unbolt the fairing on my NC750X to get to the bulb.

I am considering asking a small child with a tiny hand to reach inside to replace the bulb :D

Mmmmm.....as soon as they come down from cleaning the chimney, no doubt!

There is a service manual somewhere on this site.  And that contains details on how to get the bodywork off.  It also contains the page which details in what order you should/could take off individual parts of bodywork.  That page is worth its weight in gold.  Maybe you will have to take off one or two pieces before you can take off the piece you need to take off.

It is also worth understanding how those funny little plastic pins work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty sure I did this without stripping loads of bodywork off, on a 2014 S. Fiddly though 

Post below on same subject

Yeah, the S and the X are different - particularly in the upper bodywork area - thus affecting headlamp access.  Myself, I prefer the S, but as time goes by they are all getting older and mileages are rising.  On the other hand, the X is still available to buy new or nearly new.

The Forza bodywork protects me everytime I ride it, but the bodywork gets in the way when it comes to chain or valve work.

• Like 1