Bike Garages

RAS

I do not service my bike myself I pay to have it done.  Once Out of warranty I find a bike garage to service and repair but good ones are hard to find. I have recently used TC Motorcycles Chesterfield ( Lee) he’s really good with NCT DCT too. Highly recommended if anyone local to chesterfield needs an independent bike garage. Cheers 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
steelhorseuk

Here is another to add to your thread.

Independent Honda trained motorcycle mechanic Ryan at RJB in Buckingham.

RJB Motorcycles | Motorcycle MOT, Servicing, Tyres, Repair, Sales

Nice bloke, no BS! 

I have no affiliation. Just helped me out without hassle! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Rocker66

One more for the list is Tom at Z Shed Ashford who we now use for our bikes that are out of warranty. He serviced my 125 Monkey and it came back as a much improved bike and all at a sensible price. He uses genuine parts for which ever bike he is servicing. A straight talking guy who is always willing to help.

• Thanks 2
Andywills77

Biketech in Stoke for a thorough service, tinker, MOT, pet if the pooch, etc. it's opposite the outlaws house 

Quarry service station in audley for MOT.

You end up chatting for longer than it takes for the MOT 

Great news that others are making  recommendations we ought to have a directory cos the best mechanics tend to be those who are recommended … if the list grows I will compile a list for distribution if anyone asks … if that’s fine by Ted that is 

• Like 4
count von count

Malcolm at Kingray motorcycles in Leyton E10 up That London gets my vote. As a general all round good honest knowledgeable mechanic anyway. Plus he hires out bikes to couriers so knows his way around an NC700 / 750 very well indeed.

Thoroughly highly recommended.

• Like 1

Place near me, called RTT Motorcycles.  Hoyland Common, Barnsley, South Yorks.

When you walk into the shop, the doorstep is worn.  There's an old fashioned bell that rings when the door opens.  There's products for sale everywhere.  It has a smell that you never get in modern automotive shops.

To the side & rear is the workshop.  Oily rags and pots of grease.  Tools hanging from the walls.  A proper old school workshop.  A few modern machines awaiting attention, but more older bikes.

There's a superb cafe a short walk away.  Their breakfasts are amazing! :) 

https://www.rttmotorcycles.co.uk/

• Like 1
jeremyr62

Good to hear these places still exist. When I first started riding in London in 1983 there were quite a few bike shops like that.

Yes, mechanics rather than technicians work at those. A dying breed, I’m afraid.