Bearing kits for suspension

Grumpy old man

Grumpy old man

Hi All 

I'm looking for a supplier of bearings and collars for the above preferably kits. I know All Balls do linkage kit but I can't find an agent that stocks them. Any help appreciated.

https://www.allballsracing.com/27-1209.html

VinnyB

I always use simply bearings, I don't know if they're the best or cheapest but I've never had any issues. 

• Like 1
Skidt

I’ve used Marksman Bearings several times over the years for my Fazer 1000 with no issues. 
They’re been recommended on the Fazer owners forum for many years now. 

http://www.marksman-ind.co.uk

They seem to have a limited bike model range on their website to look up your bike, but I’m sure a phone call or email would get you further information on availability for your particular bike.

Good luck with your search. 

• Thanks 1
shiggsy

I know Marksman Bearings do head bearings for the NC 700 X.

• Like 2
davebike

Lasson UK do All balles linkage kits but not that one 

As I have an account  can ask on avilibility and cost if you like but I guess not quick or cheap

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Grumpy old man
1 hour ago, davebike said:

Lasson UK do All balles linkage kits but not that one 

As I have an account  can ask on avilibility and cost if you like but I guess not quick or cheap

Hi Dave, I stripped and greased them up yesterday and they're not as bad as I thought but will need replacing in the next 6 months or so, they'll need a complete renewal as the collars are marked but no play in them.

Thanks for the contact I'll look them up.

Have you had to change any and if so do you use OE parts?

I wish I lived local to you, a good independent I could trust would be brilliant. 

• Like 2
VinnyB

Are the collars knackered or is it just the needle roller bearings? The collars come in at about £51 for the 3 on Fowlers, the bearings are £19 each. They're 17x24x30 and much cheaper on that auction site. Just put 17x24x30 in the their search engine, obviously the oil seals for the rear shock linkage are 17x24 but I can't see whether the shock bearing is 30mm wide, I don't know if this helps at all.

Edited by VinnyB
added text
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
davebike

I not done a set on an NC  but done plenty of other Honda's

I used both OEM and aftermarket bearings

But in my experence it is most oftem the spacer rusted or worn !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Skidt
1 hour ago, davebike said:

But in my experence it is most oftem the spacer rusted or worn !

I’ve removed , cleaned and lubed up my rear shock linkage on both of my more recent NCX services, as recommended on here. Many thanks btw to whoever it was that recommended doing so. 
One of my lower near side roller bearings was extremely reluctant to move on the first occasion. After some thorough cleaning / lubing, it decided to comply. On the second, more recent service, it was still moving freely.

Like @davebike says above, the spacer (which rotates on these bearings) on mine now has significant wear markings on it, though no rust. 
I will probably replace all of the bearings and spacers the next time that I do it. 
Don’t quite have the appetite for doing so atm, having just done all of the wheel bearings. 

• Like 1
Grumpy old man

If anyone is interested, Wemoto have sourced an allballs kit from the the States and are happy to bring them in.

I've got a complete kit coming for £80

• Thanks 5