Clutch not working

Ash.NC700X

Ash.NC700X

Hi I have a 2012 NC700XA with 47k miles runs perfectly but the clutch was slipping badly I went to 2 different shops and they looked at it and said it needs a clutch as they couldn't get it working correctly so I bought a clutch and fitted it myself but now I am at the stage where the clutch is brand new and new springs but the adjuster is all the way out and is only just engaging the clutch very slightly. I am lost on this one no idea what it could be myself?

Thanks 

Ash

Ash.NC700X

That's a thing I haven't done as yet. When it had it's original clutch in it was adjusted about half way down the adjuster and worked like that for years. Until it started to slip and any adjustments didn't help it. Most of the miles are on the motorway 70-80mph long distance so it's not been thrashed that often.

Xactly

You should perhaps check that the adjuster on the crankcase outer isn't bent. As I see it it has to be the cable, or the stack height of the clutch is incorrect - did you assemble it as a complete clutch or buy and fit it yourself separately? Are they genuine Honda clutch plates? Is the internal operating system operating properly and the clutch centre nut fully tightened and secured with a tab washer?

Hard to diagnose without seeing and "feeling" the clutch action, but hopefully a few possibilities to look at. Line you said, after initial adjustment  I never touched mine. An after thought: Is the orientation of the adjuster the right way round on the crankcase?