Scotoiler position.

stever1

stever1

Morning all

can anyone suggest a good place for a scotoiler please. The place suggested by the manufacturer is a bit exposed and horizontally.

many thanks

steve 

Empty_Ten

I followed the recommendation from Scottoiler which is rear part of the frame above the swing arm.

IMG-6519.jpg

No issues.  Gets a bit grubby from the road spray but that comes with any externally mounted accessory.  Mines a V system.

Xactly

That's where I out mine. No issues at all.

Gringo

Mine is still in the box. Only had it 3 years. It's E system one. 

• Haha 4
Xactly
46 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I didn't know there was a collectibles market for Scottoilers. I have a box if anyone wants one, as boxed ones generally fetch more money...

• Haha 3
Tegraman

I use a TUTORO to do the same job. Didn't fancy the suggested mounting locations, so built it in. It is shown in a previous post in the modifications forum, but a quick update is that it is working just the same as in its previous incarnantion, on a Triumph Tiger 955i. No issues, it lubricates everything, including the tyre, like they all do.

(Accessories and Modifications, Bodywork items, page 2, "auto oiler now housed ...........")

Edited by Tegraman
Added reference
  • Like 1
Alan500

My Scotoiler is also in the same place, has been for a while now and had no issues.

john mackay

got mine mounted on the foot rest frame. tutoro

DSC02361.jpg

Skidt
9 hours ago, Gringo said:

Yep……me too. Not sure if mine is the E system or not though? Must get around to selling it. Along with the myriad of other items going unused and cluttering up my garage. 🙄

• Like 1
Gringo
9 hours ago, Xactly said:

I didn't know there was a collectibles market for Scottoilers. I have a box if anyone wants one, as boxed ones generally fetch more money...

By the time I pluck up the courage to take the plastics off to fit the darn thing there probably will be a collectors market. :dielaugh:

• Like 1
count von count

Fitted mine in the same way as Empty_Ten. No issues. DIY fitted Scottoiler E-system and no fairings needed removing.

23 hours ago, stever1 said:

Morning all

can anyone suggest a good place for a scotoiler please. The place suggested by the manufacturer is a bit exposed and horizontally.

many thanks

steve 

On my 2022 NC750 X DCT I put my vacuum operated Scott Oiler in the same position as shown in Empty_Ten's post above. It works fine and you can easily get at it to adjust.  I posted some information of how to find the correct vacuum pipe and a link to a video by an Australian guy.  I think I posted it on this forum but can't find it.  It is posted on the USA NC forum.  You can see it here:https://www.bad link/threads/scottoiler-vsystem-chain-oiler-and-scorpion-dual-injector-nozzle.16308/#post-257293

FurstyFerret

As per Empty Ten's photo, though gave up after my 2nd E system had packed in within a few months.