"FRUNK - Inner Lining removal

Drumslinger

Drumslinger

Is it possible to remove the "inner lining" (that incorporates the battery access panel)  of the FRUNK without removing the external panels that surround it?

There are quite a few hex head bolts that "look" like they may hold the "frunk lining" in place. Would just like confirmation that removing those bolts I would be able to lift out the inner "bowl" of the frunk..

Skidt

If you’re a forum supporter, you can access the Honda Service manuals contained in the “Downloads” section.

Chapter 2, pages 16 - 20 detail the removal of the luggage compartment / frunk with some helpful images. 

What are you needing to remove the frunk liner for? Some maintenance work? 

Drumslinger

Many thanks for your reply and prompt . I'm on my 2nd 750 X DCT, the first one I let go about 3 years ago. The most recent is  a 15plate with exceptional service history and very well looked after. The problem is that its had so many electrical accessories fitted and has used and unused power cables everywhere. Safely taped off and identified used/unused cables but the routing and ties-ups are all over the place. Need to get access to tidy the spaghetti up.!

Skidt

I feel your pain.

Mine has additional riding lights, Oxford heated grips, a powered Sat Nav mount and an optimate fly lead fitted. I hate the look of all the extra leads running from the battery terminals. So much so that I bought a Healtech unit with a view to tidying it all up.

However, from research, both the Optimate and the Oxford Intelligent heated grips need to run direct from the battery anyway, so it’s not really worth my while to fit it. Consequently I put the battery access panel back on and its “out of sight out of mind”. 🤗

• Like 1
CSMonkey

Having popped the side panel off my 2014 NC recently, it appeared the frunk liner and the side panels share common clip points around the top edge.

Rich