Remember ?

Bonekicker

Bonekicker

Just stood in front of computer moaning to myself about bad pain so feekin annoying -- then I started looking trough some pics -- and then felt selfish for complaining !!!!!

Remember Keith - Yes I do he rode across to Preston Del Sol probably once a month from other side of Manchester to go out for ride around The Trough of Bowland with me-- lets just see how many members remember him ?

keith hilton.JPG

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Slowboy

Indeed I do, along with a good few others. It’s in his memory we have the get together in the Peak District most years. He was a good lad Keith, and still missed

• Like 3
Andy m

Certainly do, great bloke. Need to pop up into to the Peaks and have a butty in his honour.

Andy

• Like 5
baben

I paid my respects at the memorial at LadyBower last time I passed - Septemberish last year.

• Like 5
MikeBike

Yes I remember Keith. Met up with him at the Ponderosa in 2015 (OMG thats 9 years ago!) with SusieBe, Lloyd and a couple of others. Got a speeding ticket on the way though :-(

All round good egg.

A6-K-3047129-1740-L.jpg

Edited by MikeBike
  • Like 6
Slowboy

Taken last September during our get together. Can’t quite believe it was so long ago since he passed away.

IMG_0524.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1
Grumpy old man

I was out riding in the Borders yesterday and my mind went to Dentonlad, Tex  Outrunner and Mr Toad 😔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 5
baben
30 minutes ago, Grumpy old man said:

I was out riding in the Borders yesterday and my mind went to Dentonlad, Tex  Outrunner and Mr Toad 😔

I'm afraid a lot of us are of an age that we go to more funerals than weddings, including, eventually, our own (funeral that is, not wedding)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Slowboy

It is of course sad that we must eventually head off to pastures new, which is why I’ve been determined to kick the a**e out of it for as long as I can and enjoy the company of good people. A key reason why I’m on here. 😁

Of those that have left already I have many happy memories. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Love 5
baldric
20 minutes ago, baben said:

I'm afraid a lot of us are of an age that we go to more funerals than weddings, including, eventually, our own (funeral that is, not wedding)

Ironically, I went to a wedding in 2022 for an old mate of mine (six months older than me) because he decided that he should make an honest woman of his lady. Made a change from the usual outings.

• Like 2
baben
26 minutes ago, baldric said:

Ironically, I went to a wedding in 2022 for an old mate of mine (six months older than me) because he decided that he should make an honest woman of his lady. Made a change from the usual outings.

A contemporary of mine did the same during the pandemic. Only been together about 50 years!

• Like 1
PoppetM
2 hours ago, Grumpy old man said:

Whoa… we lost Outrunner?! When did that happen? 
He rode on with me through that horrific storm in the Derbyshire weekender. We shared many pints after that day out, lining our gloves up on the fire of The Miners 😢

Edit - found the thread. So sorry I missed it at the time. He was a great chap. 😢

Edited by PoppetM
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
baben
21 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

He rode on with me through that horrific storm in the Derbyshire weekender. We shared many pints after that day out, lining our gloves up on the fire of The Miners 😢

Edit - found the thread. So sorry I missed it at the time. He was a great chap. 😢

I missed this too. He was a nice feller, we met up when I was doing one of my long RBR rides.

• Like 2
CFB
23 hours ago, PoppetM said:

That was a beast of a weekend! Seeing you lot struggling to keep upright over the pass was scary. I just wish I had been on two wheels as well. Andy was a top bloke and as hard as nails.

As for Keith, he was also. I spent a few days up there with him providing a guided tour, with a running commentary of interesting facts via comms, round some of the hidden parts of the Peak District and he knew where all the butty wagons were too. Tea and a Kitkat at each one. 😆

• Like 4
Andy m

Popped up there this morning. All seems in order after the winter.

20240324-080732-01.jpg

No butty van yet though

20240324-080711-01.jpg

Andy

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Defender

I do remember Keith fairly well, although I was never fortunate enough to meet him face to face, but I bought some hand guards from him fairly early on in my tenure of NC ownership and presence on this forum.

Somewhere I still have the letter he sent me with the handguards, I still have those too, they were on my NC'X for some time until replaced with some more protective guards that are in place now.

RIP 'Denton Lad'. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
PoppetM

@Defender he sent me tyre decals that I never got round to fitting to the NC.

It took me several years after his passing to be able to part with them even after the bike had long gone.

a generous guy, full of friendly chat and so knowledgeable on the mechanics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Defender
On 28/03/2024 at 19:00, PoppetM said:

@Defender he sent me tyre decals that I never got round to fitting to the NC.

It took me several years after his passing to be able to part with them even after the bike had long gone.

a generous guy, full of friendly chat and so knowledgeable on the mechanics.

I still have the handguards that I got from him, they aren't currently fitted to a bike, but will be again at some point, possibly my NC'X partly in honour of Keith :aww:

• Like 1