Paddock stand

Guest smortimer

Guest smortimer

Howdi

Does anyone which paddock stand is suitable for the NC700S? I've always wheeled my bike back and forth but now getting so bored of lugging it about I thought I would buy a paddock stand. Any thoughts?

My bike is the 700X. I've just bought a Biketek rear paddock stand Series2. It cost £25.59 from Amazon.

I believe someone on this forum recommended it but I can't find the thread!

I've never had a paddock stand before so I don't know how it compares but it appears to do exactly what it should.

Hope this helps.

Definitely worth fitting R&G Cotton Reels if you're going to be using a paddock stand a lot of the time.

Be aware though with that combination you cannot do things like removing the rear wheel, the R&G Cotton reels are dependent on the rear axle being in place.

Guest Silver Hawk

Definitely worth fitting R&G Cotton Reels if you're going to be using a paddock stand a lot of the time.

Be aware though with that combination you cannot do things like removing the rear wheel, the R&G Cotton reels are dependent on the rear axle being in place.

Good point! Not very sensible. The Versys has a couple of lugs on the bottom of the square swinging arm especially for cotton reels. Shame Honda didn't do that.

Edited by Silver Hawk

I got an Oxford OF821 rear stand. Very strong and comes with hooks too (to use on other bikes with bobbins) as well as the cups are lockable in place so that they do not move. Had a cheap stand for years which lasted well but this is a much better piece of kit.

I have a Stainless steel Harris stand that uses hooks; which are no use on the X. I made a couple of new supports from 10mm dia. bar and welded a short length of angle bar on each. The angles (with protection) sit each side of the swing arm behind the wheel spindle. Easy to use and interferes with nothing! You can buy a number of paddock stands that just use open angle brackets that adjust in and out - exactly the same as what I fabricated.