8K Service

JaseR

Had my 8K service done today - £135 at Thunder Road! :thumbsup: Very impressed! (And really enjoyed the Hornet I had as a loan bike.)

I asked TR to look at the forward of the two bolts holding the rear brake cable to the swinging arm as I couldn't undo it to fit a hugger - the bolt just keeps turning. Now waiting to hear back from Honda to see what they say but it looks like a swinging arm out job to drill it out! The 'worst' case will be a replacement swining arm!

I'll let you know when I hear more...

Glad you're happy with your service. Their price is the same as what I've been quoted by Lancaster Honda.

• 3 weeks later...

The swinging arm has been fixed - apparently the rear brake cable mounting points on the swinging arm have nuts that are cinched on and it would appear they weren't properly cinched at the factory. Thunder Road got some replacements and have fitted those but had to wait a day to get hold of the right tool.

Guest Silver Hawk
Had my 8K service done today - £135 at Thunder Road! :thumbsup:

That sounds very reasonable.  I bet P & H at Crawley will charge me more than that  :mad: ....

How long does the 8K service take?

How long does the 8K service take?

Fowlers of Bristol told me it takes a couple of hours

Guest Jono 67

I think i was told by my dealer that the 8K service included a valve clearance check so the bike would need to cold before this could be carried out (drop off night before) Is this true?

• Like 1
steelhorseuk

Hi Jason, can I ask you....

How many miles have you done? Have you actually clocked up 8K?

Cheers

• Like 1

The valve clearance check is true and I assume that they are checked at room temperature - neither Fowlers nor Thunder Road said anything about needing the bike the night before.

I've just filled up and I'm at 8729 miles :)

All the mileage was done since June! The mpg did improve as I used it more but it's settled done now (maybe because I'm a more settled rider now) but my average is 75mpg (best was 85). And I'm still on the same tyres although they are getting quite flat across the centre now!

• 2 months later...

Regarding mileage I am taking my S in for its 8000 mile service next week I was wondering because of the lazy nature of the engine and low revs, I hope  to get at least a 100,000 out of mine as I do plan to keep it and ride about 1000 miles per month maybe a bit more.

Do folk here agree that the bike should be capable of doing such good mileage. I know bigger bike such as the pan can rack up nearly 200,000 miles, not sure on the NC as yet

Regarding mileage I am taking my S in for its 8000 mile service next week I was wondering because of the lazy nature of the engine and low revs, I hope  to get at least a 100,000 out of mine as I do plan to keep it and ride about 1000 miles per month maybe a bit more.

Do folk here agree that the bike should be capable of doing such good mileage. I know bigger bike such as the pan can rack up nearly 200,000 miles, not sure on the NC as yet

Definitely. At this moment I can see no reason at all why the NC can't do 100,000 plus with normal routine servicing. Enjoy monsieur

• Like 1