Tyre Mileage

ncmf

Had a puncture in the rear tyre yesterday, so decided to change both front and rear as both are on the limit, got 11,000 miles out of them. The rear was badly squaring off so when the new ones BT023's again are on later today will have to start leaning over a bit more. Pleased with the tyres and the the tyre life.

• 2 months later...
Fishmanboy

I changed my rear tyre at 17500 miles and that was only cos I had a puncture. Front tyre is on 22000 miles and still has some life left in it, will probably change it out at the next service

If only I could get the brakes and chain to last as long and I'd be laughing.... I seem to go through them very quickly :-D

• 1 month later...

7500 miles from the rear Metzler (12,500 kms or so).

Somewhat of a disappointment as I was hoping for more. I suppose though, thinking 'bout where i'd been in those miles, it's about right.

Looks like "2 rear to one front," for this bike.

Guest Whiteyez

15000 km on my Z8's and have more to go, but im gonna change them anyway at 21.000km service with Pirelli Angel GT, 2 years with this tyres is more than enough.

Edited by Whiteyez
Guest EasyTiger

And another set of brake pads just put on... 3 sets and 18 000 kms...

Is it incredibly gritty where you are? A new set of brake pads in less than 4,000 miles. Three times...?

But you only have to apply the brakes if a sheep jumps out don't you? :D

Ha, no, sheep we use as mobile chicanes, cows we brake for. (And Volvo drivers)

here in Australia we have to look out for 6' kangaroos who just jump into you also other road kills tiger snakes, wallaby, rabbits , foxes ,ostrich just to name a few

Edited by xjraus

not really gritty out here easy tiger.. I must say i am a bit surprised how long they didnt last. The second and third sets are scintered bake pads aswell....Its more than like ly my riding style :D  flat out or full stop

Wow, some great mileages so far. My FMX650 (with less power than NC) used to shred rears in about 2500 miles, even using hard compound tyres. Must have been because it was a single?