Tyre Mileage

ncmf

Ive got 14k out of my front, and still a good bit left. I thought that was pretty good.

• Like 1

That's what I would expect, in Bike this month, a tester got 11000 miles from the back Bridgestone.

Ive got 14k out of my front, and still a good bit left. I thought that was pretty good.

Pretty good. Which tyres did you get

I havent yet, this is still the original 023

Guest lancer58

Pretty good. Which tyres did you get

I havent yet, this is still the original 023

Yeah, I meant did you get bridgestones or metzelers originally

Guest lancer58
ahh, yes, bridgestones, i didnt know there was an alternative

Yes you got one or the other, luck of the draw. Would be interested to know what mileage people are getting from metzelers

• 2 months later...
Guest Lycan

Bike came with BT023 as standard (I think) and changed both front and rear at 16K.  Both had very similar levels of wear.

Currently trying BT021 instead as being an older model they were a bit cheaper.  Be interesting to see how the wear compares.

Just creeping up on 12K and the BT023s are nearly at their limit - tempted to get the Metzeler Z8s although the BT023s are being replaced by the T30 which may be worth a look (although a little more money)

Apparently bridgestone have about 10 to 15% off their list price at the moment. As for Tyre wear my dealer reckons you can get two back tyres to one front, not sure on that one myself but I have done 9000 miles on mine with 4mm left on the front and 3mm left on the back so good for a few miles yet before changing. If I happen to see a good deal somewhere I usually buy the tyres before I need them.

Guest Flighttime

I have 11000Km on the metzeler so far. Still think they have another 3-4000 in them. Profile still good. Not squared of on the rear to much. Front has scrubbed the sides a little but still plenty to go.

Edited by Flighttime
Guest otdctw

I've Changed my rear BT with 16.700 Km because of a punction... I'm pretty sure they cn last, at least for 2k more.

My front BT now has 18700 Km and It still has 30 % aprox of life.

Cheers!

Guest sidemp

I changed my bt023"s at about 10,500.. i thought that was pretty good..

I went for the same again front and back.. next time I want to try the pr3"s that seem to get great reviews and comments.

New tyres make me feel like Im on a new bike, its a great feeling..!

Righty, changed my BT023s for Metzeler Z8s (£264) - managed to get 12,800 miles out of the BTs (I probably could have gone to 13k but the front was right on the limit)

Looks like I need new brake pads now - £130ish to replace front and rear and clean the parts at the same time. I think I'll probably buy pads elsewhere and do it myself at that price.

I am aiming to get two rears to one front on my BT's. To be honest I dont ride that fast as long as the tyre is safe and has a long life I am happy. Some good mileage on here from the BT's.

Guest seanmc

Done 15 000kms Had to do front brakes already (at about 10000) I beleive i have the Bridgestone BT021..Looks like i got plenty tread left... Once canvas is showing then u need to change tyres :fear:  :drool:

Guest Flighttime

Done 15 000kms Had to do front brakes already (at about 10000) I beleive i have the Bridgestone BT021..Looks like i got plenty tread left... Once canvas is showing then u need to change tyres :fear:  :drool:

Wow, I have 12000 on mine and the front brakes are hardly worn. Still loads of pad left. Rears not worn at all. Metzlers still going strong.

You must be braking like Mr Rossi :-)

Rev Ken

Wow, I have 12000 on mine and the front brakes are hardly worn. Still loads of pad left. Rears not worn at all. Metzlers still going strong.

You must be braking like Mr Rossi :-)

But you only have to apply the brakes if a sheep jumps out don't you? :D

Guest Flighttime

But you only have to apply the brakes if a sheep jumps out don't you? :D

Ha, no, sheep we use as mobile chicanes, cows we brake for. (And Volvo drivers)

Edited by Flighttime
Guest Lycan

Tyre wear, front vs back depends a lot upon your riding style.

The harder you accelerate, the more you'll wear the back tyre in relation to the front.  Most of the time I try and accellerate slowly, changing up through the gears for economy.

Sadly I was commuting a lot through central london which meant using the brakes more often, meaning front tyre wear was similar to back as weight transfer increases the load on the front tyre.  Also meant greater brakepad wear, hence having to replace them at around 16K.