Screw head type?

Guest NCgrandad

Guest NCgrandad

Does anyone know what type of drive Honda uses for its cruciform head screws? Philips, Pozidriv, JIS, or something else?

I'd ask Honda UK but they'd just say 'ask a dealer'.

Thanks

I think they are philip head screws, been the same for years.

They are called JIS    japaneese industry standard...and they do have a different profile than do Phillips head screws...only place i have found them ( and they were out of stock ) was a model airplane shop on-line but i had a computer crash and lost the name :cry:   will have another search and see if i can find it again..Think they were around £39 a set...

Lyn.

cheers Lyn.

There are a couple JIS screwdriver sets on that auction site, The screwdriver I use was handed down from my Dad, so could be a JIS.

If I think the screw won't shift, I use a Japanese impact driver, that never fails. On old butchered nuts, you can shift them with a very small chisel, working on the outside edge.

We had to strip down a new Honda CB250 K0 in 1969, no wonder we had trouble shifting the screws, there were some long T handle drivers available from Honda dealers.

I assume the screwdrivers in the toolkit are JIS, although the supplied NC700 one is made of chocolate.

kayz1,

Do you mean Probuild Aircraft? I ordered a set today, about £18 I think.

Cheers Roger that was the name i was looking for, will get some ordered now..Many thanks..

PS:  my set got lifted after i fixed a guys bike on the road side :shocked: