Paint Peeling

Guest Monkeyuk

steelhorseuk

Hi there Grant, I just went to my garage and checked my S after seeing your picture. I cant say I have the same problem on mine (yet). Do you think its possible something has hit your bike at speed enough to damage it and cause the finish to do that?

I would seriously recommend you get it back to the Honda dealer for their opinion mate!   

Also just had a quick look at my S and no paint peeling. Someone has had this, engasal (Phil) I think. Hope Honda sort this out for you.

steelhorseuk

Okay, if its bubbling get it straight back to your dealer! They can change that part for you under warranty! 

Probably just a bit of bad luck with that case not being finished off properly.  

All the best .

• 3 months later...
Guest robskinn

Yes. I had this happen to mine over the first two months of owning it. I took it to my dealer and they replaced the panel under warranty. The new part is slightly darker and the paint is not so smooth but so far it's not pealing. I may have to wait until next winter to find out if it was salt spray that caused it though.

Guest veefer800

I had this with mine after only 5 months. Local dealer did this under warranty, took about three quarters hour to replace headlamp mount

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed quite a lot of paint peeling on the left plastic cowling near the front headlight which looked awful. I took it into Torbay Motorcycles my local dealer and they are replacing the part under warranty today. So can't fault the service there, more concerned with the part peeling so quickly after 10 months of ownership. Over all the bike seems pretty well made for the money. 

steelhorseuk

I just took a few dig photos of my bikes (s) swing-arm which has paint peeling off on the chain side! These have gone of to Honda via my dealer.

I now have two outstanding warranty jobs pending on the NC. The other being the drive chain and sprocket problems.

As soon as I get these sorted its goodbye NC before the warranty expires as I am wondering whats the next thing !!

Mark