steamed up speedo anyone?

Mike5100

Mike5100

yeah Stuart - but what's to stop the moisture getting back in unless you can find some way of hermetically sealing it.  I seem to remember I used a hair dryer on mine but the dampness came back - not sure if any hot air was penetrating the instrument mind you

Mike

Guest Old Man

Will refit when dry and fit rubber plug carefully with a little silicone grease as suggested above. If it comes back will ask to have changed under warranty.

Think the key is to leave it for a couple of days to completely dry out before refitting .

Mines did it. Had it replaced under warranty. Mileage starts again from zero miles. Have a letter from Honda stating work has been done and what the mileage was prior.

Guest Flighttime

Mine was replaced by Honda. I wasn't going to bother but after a couple bad days during last winter when it wouldn't clear my dealer ordered a replacement. The replacement was fine all winter & had no issues this summer.

presumably the odometer has to reset to zero does it?

Mike

Yep, back to zero. Thought that now it has very low Km's again it would be a good time to trade in :D

I did ask if they could program the new dash with the original km's but it can't be done apparently.

Mine was replaced by Honda. I wasn't going to bother but after a couple bad days during last winter when it wouldn't clear my dealer ordered a replacement. The replacement was fine all winter & had no issues this summer.

presumably the odometer has to reset to zero does it?

Mike

Yep, back to zero. Thought that now it has very low Km's again it would be a good time to trade in :D

I did ask if they could program the new dash with the original km's but it can't be done apparently.

Suprised at this thought the milage would somehow be recorded to the ECU. Edited by PNE

Brand new NC750X with 153miles on the clock, steamed up speedo. Took into dealer and warranty claim made. Hope to get it changed at first service.

Mike5100

Given that my dealer said he'd noticed it on ALL his bikes standing outside in the sun after a rainy day, I'm surprised that swapping the speedo is a fix.  Unless Honda know it's a problem and have a stock of hermetically sealed speedos to supply for anyone who complains.  If not then there's a pretty good chance your replacement will do the same.  I have seen one report from a guy who said the replacement was fine - it would be good to get reports back from others who get them changed

Mike

ScaredyCat

Hmmm.... I've now noticed this.

Took a ride to English Whisky at St.George's Distillery and noticed this. Bright sunshine but not warm weather couldn't really see the numbers through the condensation. Thought it would just go away. Then saw this thread. It's a bit windy right now but weather it supposed to be better tomorrow so will take her out for a run then to see what the state is.

Edited by ScaredyCat
Derek_Mac

>snip<

Took a ride to English Whisky   >snip<

Sorry to digress, but that's sacrilegious.    :shocked:

Hmmm.... I've now noticed this.

Took a ride to English Whisky at St.George's Distillery and noticed this. Bright sunshine but not warm weather couldn't really see the numbers through the condensation. Thought it would just go away. Then saw this thread. It's a bit windy right now but weather it supposed to be better tomorrow so will take her out for a run then to see what the state is.

Sounds great to me - definitely on this year's Christmas order.

ScaredyCat

>snip<

If it makes you feel any better, Iain Henderson a distiller from Laphroaig who was due to retire, helped with the first run of 29 barrels. It only opened to the public in 2007. If I'm ever up your way I'll drop you a bottle of Chapter 10 and you can have a good old moan while you drink it :)

• Like 2
Derek_Mac

>snip<

If it makes you feel any better, Iain Henderson a distiller from Laphroaig who was due to retire, helped with the first run of 29 barrels. It only opened to the public in 2007. If I'm ever up your way I'll drop you a bottle of Chapter 10 and you can have a good old moan while you drink it :)

As long as it doesn't taste like Laphroaig I'll take you up on that offer. :D

• Like 1
Rocker66

>snip<

Quite correct sir for real whiskey he should have caught the ferry to Ireland :D 

Derek_Mac

>snip<

Quite correct sir for real whiskey he should have caught the ferry to Ireland :D 

It was the 'English + whisky' that shocked me.

I mean, the English aren't even Celts!  :logik:

Mind you, if they can make it in Japan and India and call it whisky.   :huh:

ScaredyCat
. Edited by ScaredyCat
ScaredyCat

I mean, the English aren't even Celts!  :logik:

Us English will never understand, I thought it was spelt Kilts </father jack> ...  :wacko:  :unsure:

Derek_Mac

Don't forget the Welsh have had a go with 5 whiskies distilled at Penderyn......they're Celts....

Yup, I was foolishly trying to make the point that only Celts can really make whisky. ;)

I've tried Welsh Whisky and I thought it was 'different' to Scotch whisky, but still very nice.