Where to buy air filter

ncmf

The only ones I can find are the serviceable ones, and they are +60 + service kit.  I just want one like the stock one.

Derek_Mac

The part number of the air filter is : 17210-MGS-D30 (according to http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/oemparts/a/hon/505407e5f870021c54bece0d/air-cleaner'>cyclepartsnation).

Go to www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/ and search by 'part number'.

Be prepared to be frightened by the cost. :)

Edited by Derek_Mac

35! + shipping

It was due one 8k previously, so i suppose I had better get it :(

Guest martroy

Hi NCMF, if you're doing that sort of mileage it's got to be worth buying the serviceable air filter , it's also suppose to give a slight performance benefit.

maybe, but that would be 65 + service kit + shipping.  Also, I do wonder about having a different profile of air flow, would that mismatch the bikes current setup?

Any tips on getting to the air filter on the X model? 

Derek_Mac

Any tips on getting to the air filter on the X model? 

You need to remove the left hand cowl as far as I know.

Derek thanks, I think you can then get access to some screws, but then you have to loosen the tank lid/fuel lock panel and push that out the way. You may end up having to undo the cables,  It looks very easy to loose some screws down the bike at this point, so just wondering if there is any advice.

It is being made harder to get to serviceable parts.

Chris

Thanks every much for taking the time to do.the Video, the air filter looked like it needed changing. 

I read somewhere that it needed changing before the service interval, What a nightmare to do a simple job. 

Guest billc700s

I have done my usual and gone for a servicable filter from DNA, expensive, but after fitting what a difference, the engine can now breathe freely and coupled with my IXIL exhaust I know I am going to enjoy any sun we get this year. I know from past experience the difference a full flow filter can make but on the 700S DCT it is grin inducing, My fuel consumption will suffer but the acceleration is much better, no need to drop down to overtake, just twist and hang on, as most of my riding will be local apart from a trip to Scotland before they shut the wall it will not bother me too much.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest steamboy

Wow! Now I like this bike very muchly and have requested a test ride. But it amazes me that it takes all those bolts and fittings to get to a serviceable item like an air filter.

Are we sure that they get changed at the correct service interval, not doubting Honda mechanics but if they were against the clock. It would be a right pain to check!

• 2 months later...
Guest jmatthewsuk

I have done my usual and gone for a servicable filter from DNA, expensive, but after fitting what a difference, the engine can now breathe freely and coupled with my IXIL exhaust I know I am going to enjoy any sun we get this year. I know from past experience the difference a full flow filter can make but on the 700S DCT it is grin inducing, My fuel consumption will suffer but the acceleration is much better, no need to drop down to overtake, just twist and hang on, as most of my riding will be local apart from a trip to Scotland before they shut the wall it will not bother me too much.

Bill, I have just ordered a K&N filter and a Beowulf exhaust for my DCT S. How easy is it to fit the air filter on an S? can't seem to find much on here about it.

Looking forward to the improved performance! How have you found the fuel consumption since? Any problems with fuel/ECU mapping from the changes at all, was reading about it on another thread..?

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/2878-power-commander-coming-soon-for-nc700x/page-2?hl=filter#entry31738

Edited by jmatthewsuk
  • 1 year later...

just watched the video for replacing air filter on NC770X - it looks a complicated carry on  just to get access to the air filter - bike (and car) manufacturers should design in ease of maintenance for routine maintenance items such as air filters. air filter on my last bike was under a cover ,on the outside of engine, simply held on by 4 screws.

on old bikes you could just about see everything and get easy access without having to 'dismantle half the bike', so why do they now bury things under a heap of other parts?!

on one bike in the past I always removed body parts where required for servicing before taking bike to shop so they didn't spend time dismantling and reassembling bodywork - has anybody done this with the  NC700X ?

Regards,Eric