4000 mile service?

Guest EternalDragon

Guest EternalDragon

My Honda dealer is saying he was looking right at the NC700x manual

and says there is a 600 mile service and then a 4000 mile service.

I have a downloaded version of the manual and it says 8000 miles for

the second service. That is all I have ever heard.

Has the interval changed on newer shipped models?

Edited by EternalDragon
Guest billc700s

Unless the USA has a totally different shedule the next service from 600 miles is 12 months or 8000 miles which includes a tappet check. There may also be regional recomendations ie. if you live in a very dry dusty region then the oil may need changing more often and also your air cleaner checked more often, normally at 50% of the normal period.

Guest motorboy

May not be a 4000mi service but if it was me 4000mi oil&filter change would not be a bad idea   this is the most miles between oil change I will go

May not be a 4000mi service but if it was me 4000mi oil&filter change would not be a bad idea   this is the most miles between oil change I will go

Yep that sounds good on a personal level.

lipsee

Modern lubricants can last a lot longer these days,,,I would not be surprised if you could not get 10,000 safely out of your oil ,,is the oil synthetic ???? cos that is suppose to last so much longer....Myself I will keep piece of mind and stick to service changes.......................GM in america made an engine for autos called a Northstar ,I do believe the service where every 100,000,,I do,nt know the details,and expect you still need to change the oil,,but just shows what possible.....

Guest scrumpymike

Posts about Honda servicing schedule are correct but the two Honda dealers I have talked to are telling me that, if you are doing less than 8k mls per year, you need at least an oil and filter service every year to maintain yr Honda warranty cover.

Rocker66

Posts about Honda servicing schedule are correct but the two Honda dealers I have talked to are telling me that, if you are doing less than 8k mls per year, you need at least an oil and filter service every year to maintain yr Honda warranty cover.

Service book schedule says the same

• 4 weeks later...
Guest scrumpymike

Just for info, I thought the £146 quoted by my local dealer (Branson's in Yeovil) was a bit steep compared with the £116 charged by supplying dealer, Doble's, for my 600-ml service. Given that I haven't done the mileage for a valve-clearance re-set, I couldn't see why the cost should be any different. Anyway, I rang Doble's to get a price from them and they quoted £153!! The explanation given was that Honda's standard labour times for for the 600-ml and 'short' annual services are 1 hr and 1.5 hrs respectively. So, assuming all other things are equal (which they may not be), the £37 difference between the 2 Doble's quotes equates to half-an-hour's labour at their 'Greater London' rates and the £7 less quoted by Branson's for the annual service is down to their cheaper West Country rates. Obviously, I'll be going local.