Changing headlamp bulb

Guest NCgrandad

Guest NCgrandad

I've come to the conclusion that the NC700X is the ideal bike for my 2 year old grandson... he's the only one in the family with hands small enough to swap the headlamp bulb. There are times when I wish the X wasn't kitted out with quite so much swoopy plastic. Looks great but it makes accessibility a right pain.

Guest jdearauj

Damn, not looking forward to my weekend. My new headlamp bulb arrived in the post and plan was to install it this weekend. 

Any advice? I have a 3 year old daughter, but doubt she would be able to understand enough to change the bulb for me.

Edited by jdearauj

2 minute job, I have large hands and it wasn't an issue. You may have to turn the handle bars to get better access but it was such an easy job I can't remember.

Guest sidemp

Listen to Dave, turn handlebars and follow instructions in handbook.. 5 minutes..

Try changing the "positioning light" to a 12v 5w led... i struggled for a while, you need the patience of a saint and ability to get your hand through a letterbox and get it out again - twice...

I read a thread on here which helped but as usual I cant find it now...

Guest sidemp

Be VERY careful if you decide to change or swap the sidelight to an LED, or the following could happen to you too!... 

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/3166-warning/

Crusty, that looked like it was a nightmare to sort out and all for a sidelight bulb.. a good warning for others before they start..

thank god i had good grip of mine when i managed to get it out.. it was a fiddly pain in the a#$& but I like the led light i have in now..

I dont think Id have known where to start stripping that lot off... suppose its too much to ask if you took step by step pics as you went along..!!

Guest Crusty

No mate, I didn't think to do that. I should have really, but I was so hacked off that I just ploughed into it. I had no idea how it came to bits, but being an engineer I'm pretty used to these sorts of challenges. It's not something I want to repeat in a hurry though!

Edited by Crusty
  • 3 years later...

Sorry to dredge up an old thread ... busy searching for others, but just in case I don't find anything ... is the bulb replacement on the 700S the same as the 700X in terms of doable without removing any plastic etc?

Thanks