Ridiculous wait for Hugger

Guest fresh air

Guest fresh air

Is anybody else on a waiting list for a hugger ?  I ordered one with the bike (which I've had one and a half weeks) and am told 5 customers are waiting and won't get mine till June.  Bloody annoying considering how dirty the bike becomes in the rain - OK, the plastic under the rear seat is easy to clean, but the rear brake assembly, swing arm, and all up the side of the bike was covered in fine sand, and as for the flimsy chain guard ... useless.  Can't see my chain lasting very long.

And what about traffic behind the bike - surely they will be covered in spray.   If there are rules and regulations surely the bike fails on this count ?

The dealer also said he'd throw in a paddock stand for free as I didn't want a mainstand - I'm still waiting.

Neil.

Neil a bit of an odd question as all depends on which company you have ordered a hugger from. I have the Rossocromo and it took 5 days to come from France.

Guest Johnnyg78

I ordered one from Skidmarx and it took over two weeks but I was warned that I would have to wait on it being made. Did seem a bit of a wait though.

Guest dentonlad

I ordered one from Blackpool Honda on that auction site. It arrived after 2 days.  Haven't ridden in wet since fitted but I think it might stop the worst of the crud getting onto the shock but not much else.

As stated the hugger keeps the shock fairly clean but you will still have it covered in dirty water thougy no crud.

Thanks guys - my main worry is chipping the paintwork allowing rust to develop.

Make sure you use something like helicopter tape between the hugger and swing arm to avoid paint rub wear. 

Guest fresh air

Will do.   I've also stuck a 6 inch length of black 'duck' tape on the dummy tank as my jacket buttons were beginning to cause scratches.

Guest CBR45

Make sure you use something like helicopter tape between the hugger and swing arm to avoid paint rub wear.

This is a must. I also covered the whole swing arm directly in front of the wheel with helicopter tape. Even with a hugger that area still takes a pounding from grit.

When I took the hugger off my CBR for a good clean shortly after I bought it, I found this area was really, really badly corroded.

Guest fresh air

This is a must. I also covered the whole swing arm directly in front of the wheel with helicopter tape. Even with a hugger that area still takes a pounding from grit.

When I took the hugger off my CBR for a good clean shortly after I bought it, I found this area was really, really badly corroded.

Thanks, but to be honest, although I have been doing semi-skilled engineering most of my working life (I'm 65) I have never heard of 'helicopter tape' - is this the same thing as duck/duct tape ?

Thanks, but to be honest, although I have been doing semi-skilled engineering most of my working life (I'm 65) I have never heard of 'helicopter tape' - is this the same thing as duck/duct tape ?

It is clear tough tape used by bikers, cyclists and motorists

Web definitions
Used to cover and protect exposed areas from flying debris as helicopter technicians developed it to protect rotors.

Have you thought about getting a tank pad? A few of us here have to save the paint work from getting scratched. This is the Honda HRC one on my S model but I think there are better ones for the X that will suit the tank better.

i-QSMN8t2-L.jpg

Guest mikmcd

I ordered my rear hugger from Pyramid Plastics. It was delivered in about 2 days along with another couple of items. Fitting was a doddle - holds firmly with one large cable tie and no risk of damaging swing arm paint (OE chain guard stays in place). The hugger itself looks fairly short but does the job perfectly.