Annual Service

arkwright55

arkwright55

Just had my 1st annual service on my "X" done at Dobles, at a cost of £228 including replacing a broken front indicator which was broken off by some idiot in a bike park at work. A fair price I think. I was loaned an "S", which I found was physically smaller, both height wise and width. I was also surprised that the frunks lock was on the side, and not on the top, like the "X"

Guest billc700s

The lock position could explain the keys bending mainly on the X, being positioned on the top rain and dirt can get in easier washing out the lock grease, the lock will get stiffer to turn, hence the key getting bent. I will ask around when mine comes up as Reading is expensive along with Crowthorne.

Scootabout

The lock position could explain the keys bending mainly on the X, being positioned on the top rain and dirt can get in easier washing out the lock grease, the lock will get stiffer to turn, hence the key getting bent. I will ask around when mine comes up as Reading is expensive along with Crowthorne.

Maybe this should be another thread, but IME Honda keys are very soft and delicate.  One of the ones on my old (second hand) Pan had got bent.  I discovered it costs a packet to replace them so I knocked it back into shape with a hammer.  Best not to bend them in the first place though.

Edited by Scootabout
  • Like 1
arkwright55

I've haven't had any trouble with the lock on my "X", hope I'm not tempting fate! I just wondered why the "S" had the lock on the side, can't see any reason for it. Only a query, not a criticism

On the S, with the lock on the side, there is a risk of hitting it with your leg and bending it that way.

Am very careful about leaving it there for any amount of time now.

ddazzler64

to add my bit to the discussion, my keys don't always go in right and i can spend a few minutes trying to get the bugger in - cover spins and the key won't slip in.  I amy regrease the barrel with that aviation stuff.