Loose disc pad bolt found at service.

Guest ronecc

Guest ronecc

Thought I might inform you all of a problem found at my first annual service, (3000mls). I used Graig's Honda, in Shipley, (for all you owners in the area). I found them to be very friendly and helpful.

I purchased my bike second hand, privately, so I cannot say whether this problem occurred due to some work carried out at the 600ml service. It had it's fist 600 mile check twelve months ago and I bought the bike in December with 1,400 miles on it. So there is no reason for any work to be carried out in the period between the 600 service and when I bought it.

When I collected my bike from Craig's, I was told that the lower bolt that holds the disc pads in place, was very loose and on its last threads. If the bolt falls out then the outside pad is the first to drop out. Also, the mechanic who carried out the 600 service, tightened the oil filter so tight, that Craig's mechanic broke two of their filter removing tools trying to loosen it. The filter had to be removed with a little persuasion.

Maybe the bolt is something that we need to check on a regular basis, just in case it is prone to coming loose. 

Guest billc700s

More like not done at the factory to the correct torque or just vibration, just nip up to 17 nm with low strength thread locker as this bolt needs to be removed to renew the pads. Will keep an eye out when cleaning cheers. Filter should have been only just over hand tight, possibly service by their apprentice gorilla who does not quite understand parts need to be removed in the future.

bikerbampi

Thanks for that will check mine before next time out.  :thumbsup: