running light stopped working

Guest Monkeyuk

Guest Monkeyuk

so i noticed tonight that my running light has stopped working, at first i thought the bulb had gone but the full beam is working ????? help is this a fuse of dose the bulb have two parts that can go separately??

Guest kedzis

nice coincidence, mine stopped working yesterday, i believe it happened after i hit big pot hole at high speed on motorway, it is normal with H4 bulbs as they have two filaments, usually dipped light stops first as it is always on, full beam usually works, 

Guest billc700s

It is easy to change it yourself, unless your dealer does it for free, Halfords for the H4 bulb Phillips or Osram are good for bikes ( buy the brighter + bulbs ) undo the two allen screws, tilt the assembly forwards, peel back rubber seal, undo clip and remove bulb. Do not drop anything inside as it is a pig to get anything out. Do not for get to put the seal back as this keeps moisture out of the housing when re-assembling in the reverse order. Most H4 bulbs come in twin packs so you will have a spare for a spares kit for touring.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
ddazzler64

is this the little light i discovered above the headlight?

it looks a real bugger to change! 

any helpful hints?

DAz

I changed my pilot light for an LED one - it's awkward to get to but found the best eat was to stand at the front of the bike, looking towards the back and to turn the steering to facilitate access. Just be careful not to lose the bulb inside the unit (there's a post on the forum about that!)

• Like 1
ddazzler64

I changed my pilot light for an LED one - it's awkward to get to but found the best eat was to stand at the front of the bike, looking towards the back and to turn the steering to facilitate access. Just be careful not to lose the bulb inside the unit (there's a post on the forum about that!)

Isn't the bulb at the top above the headlight?  It looks as awkward as bugger to get to and maybe i'll look for that forum post on getting the bulb out - you know that it is definitely gonna fall somewhere it shouldn't  :frantics:

Cheers Jason

• Like 1