Fantastic service from my Honda dealer

Guest Crusty

Guest Crusty

Worthy of a shout out -

I took my CB1300 to my dealer yesterday, a week after I bought it, for its MOT. It went through fine, with one advisory for a front tyre which is starting to get a bit thin on tread.

The dealership's owner came up to me while I was enjoying copious amounts of his free coffee to tell me, but also said "I'll put a new tyre on for free. It's the least I can do."

He had mentioned when I bought the bike that if anything came up at the MOT, or indeed in the first three months, he would sort it. Nice to see he's living up to his word.

Good service like that is worth mentioning.

Thanks to Mark at John Banks Honda in Bury St. Edmonds.

• Like 1

I'm not sure my local dealer would do that!  Great customer service - makes you more likely to buy another bike off him.

Guest Crusty

Indeed. His dealership is quite unusual in that he is also a main dealer for Honda and Suzuki cars. I was eying up a lovely new Honda 4x4 so maybe he'll get to sell me a car too! :D

He was telling me that his dad opened the dealership years ago, but it's only in the last couple of years that they started dealing in bikes, although the family has a long history in motorcycle racing. The bikes obviously now constitute a large part of their trade, as about half the showroom is now motorcycles.

You hear so many bad stories about dealers it's nice to hear the good ones too. Well done to Banks Honda.

Rev Ken

It is a pleasant change from all the horror stories! My dealer (Honda Lancaster) in Morecambe Bay also has given me excellent service and I've now bought three bikes from them.

Rocker66

I'm not sure my local dealer would do that!  Great customer service - makes you more likely to buy another bike off him.

Caroline get yourself round the M25 to Kent if you want great service

Same here.....

Guest Black Knight

That's Kent Motorcycles (other side of Canterbury).  NOT the newly opened Maidstone Honda (although,time will tell)

Rocker66

That's Kent Motorcycles (other side of Canterbury).  NOT the newly opened Maidstone Honda (although,time will tell)

Correct