There having a laugh!

tc3

My dealer just quoted me 180 quid for the annual service. The bike will have 4k miles on it and I have asked that the valves are not checked and the chain is not lubed. They say they adjusted the cost down from £250 seeing as I was not having it all done and are including a hire bike.

Think I need to get a few quotes!

Guest EasyTiger

£180 to change oil and filter and visually inspect the bike seems steep.

Take a trip to Thunder Road in Cwmbran, Wales, have a night's B&B and a loaner S for the day to explore the A470.

It will cost you the same money overall with valve clearances, adjustment, chain lubing and a new tax disc holder thrown in!

Guest Crusty

My dealer just quoted me 180 quid for the annual service. The bike will have 4k miles on it and I have asked that the valves are not checked and the chain is not lubed. They say they adjusted the cost down from £250 seeing as I was not having it all done and are including a hire bike.

That's just outrageous!

Call me old fashioned .... service the bike yourself and put the money in the bank.

Mark

Can ride em but never serviced em.....

That's just outrageous!

That's just outrageous!

Yep...

£180 to change oil and filter and visually inspect the bike seems steep.

Take a trip to Thunder Road in Cwmbran, Wales, have a night's B&B and a loaner S for the day to explore the A470.

It will cost you the same money overall with valve clearances, adjustment, chain lubing and a new tax disc holder thrown in!

Crazy price difference...

Quoted 120 quid from 1st line so going with them!

Typical, me dealer has offered to match the 120 quid quote and still give me a hire bike for free, might as well go with em as the other place is not offering a courtesy bike. Just goes to show how dealers make their money ... bitches...

Sounds very steep? Guru, only 4k annual mileage, you need to get out more.

Guest EasyTiger

4k is 1k more than the 3k the dealer will swear is average annual mileage at sale or trade in time. They do this even on GSs...

They always seem shocked if you have used your bike!

Sounds very steep? Guru, only 4k annual mileage, you need to get out more.

Other than the bike I use a car, a mountain bike and my feet and I do not commute....

The name is TC3....

Edited by tc3