Anybody fitted Avon Distanzias to an X

Crofty

Thinking about taking the X to Morocco but don,t fancy it with the BT023s

The Continental TKC look a bit too off road,but the Distanzias look like they would be a good compromise. 

all advice appreciated.

Defender

I haven't any experience of them on an NC'X, but I have them on my '900 Scrambler and they're great, much better than the B'Stone Trailwings it came with or the TW152 I replaced the original rear Trailwing with.

I can't speak highly enough of them, made the 'Scrambler roll off the vertical much better and gave a better ride too.

I would be looking to fit them to my NC'X when the current rubber needs replacing.

Thanks Myles for the info. i had trailwings on my Transalp and found the handling ok but they wore out pretty quick.

Anyway when the BT023s are worn out which should be soon i will try a set of the Avons

glencoeman

When I had Distanzias on my BMW 650GS, I found that they wore out at about 6500 miles whereas the Metzeler Tourances which were fitted prior to the Avons were a much better tyre and gave a greater mileage (about 11,000 miles). I would suggest looking at the tourances before you commit to changing your tyres.

I've had a look at them but they look more like 100% road tyre whereas I was looking for something for poor road surfaces. 

but I will research them a bit more.