NC700x Warranty

Guest Stavig

Hey guys

Just want to ask something. I just bought my NC700x and added immidiately a rear mudguard from skidmarx and an R&G rad guard.

I fitted them on my own as it doesnt require any skills to do.

Can this affect the honda warranty I have? Anyone else had any issues with that?

I can always remove them before service but the rad guard is a bit of a pain to get the cable tie through

My bike has had two services (only one in my ownership) with rad guard, hugger, shock sock and a few other bits n bobs fitted and after a specific warranty related question to the dealer he never mentioned anything about the extras being a problem. I have made a point of removing the Beowulf end can though before the service and replacing it with the standard one.

I asked my Honda dealer when buying my bike about adding bits on and the warranty. If you need to make a claim on something then they would need to prove that any bits you may have changed or added on are the reason for the warranty claim. 

Trev thats a bit extreme changing the can back to standard just for a service.

I asked my Honda dealer when buying my bike about adding bits on and the warranty. If you need to make a claim on something then they would need to prove that any bits you may have changed or added on are the reason for the warranty claim. 

Ditto Tony's comments. I would have thought a road legal exhaust would be virtually impossible to dis-allow a warranty claim.

Lancaster Honda, let some of their machines go to Fuel exhausts for them to design a silencer for new models.. :)

Edited by wozza

Ditto Tony's comments. I would have thought a road legal exhaust would be virtually impossible to dis-allow a warranty claim.

Lancaster Honda, let some of their machines go to Fuel exhausts for them to design a silencer for new models.. :)

You're probably right but as it takes less than 15 minutes to swap them over then preferred to play it safe. Reminded how flat the NC sounds with the standard can  :ermm:

Honda Akropovic fitted on ours so no problem :D

Love the look of the Akro's but too pricey for me and this nearly new carbon Beowulf looks and sounds good for less than hundred quid. I have Leo Vince cans on my MT660 and they sound lovely, bit too loud sometimes though especially on the over run.