Dct problem ?

Guest ringbuffer

Guest ringbuffer

Had my bike 2 months all good do far but occasionally when the bike is changing down in s mode in to 1st to stop it sometimes creeps once i have stopped but quickly sorts itself out ? It Has happened a couple of times should I get it back to the dealer or is it just the way the gear box works sometimes

I've never had anything like that happen with mine. It sounds like a problem with the first gear clutch. I'd check with the dealer.

The fact that this had only happened a couple of times might make it difficult for him to replicate and to identify the fault - but he'd be the first place I'd ask.

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

Yep straight to your dealer and let him figure it out. I must admit my DCT has been perfect.

Guest The Mad Jock

Defenitely not normal.  Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs but is there any chance you hadn't fully closed the throttle (which would keep the clutch from disengaging)?  Other than that get it checked out.  George.

Defenitely not normal.  Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs but is there any chance you hadn't fully closed the throttle (which would keep the clutch from disengaging)?  Other than that get it checked out.  George.

That could be it - a sticky throttle that wasn't closing 100% would keep revs up enough to engage the clutch. Worth checking the throttle return is free running and doesn't have any stickiness in the movement.

Guest Broncolane

My  NC DCT is 9 months old and not had any problem with bike creeping forward in 1st, might be worth getting into habit of flicking it to neutral if held up at llights or junction rather than holding it back on its brake

Guest EasyTiger

I have never had this problem. Indeed, the DCT is so reliable at stop that I very rarely use neutral unless, say, pulled in at the side of the road and adjusting something, reaching down to my Loobman oiler or taking a call.

It seems likely that the throttle is not returning all the way, or that the bike is so exciting to ride you are unconsciously keeping the throttle a open a fraction :D ...worth the check though before you crease the rear of someone's new white Audi...or nudge a police car...

My own throttle is a little stiff, despite silicone spray.

I have heard this can be down to the OEM heated grips, though I don't know how true that is.

I have heard this can be down to the OEM heated grips, though I don't know how true that is.

Could that be down to your bar end weight being screwed on too tight? With my cheap and nasty heated grips fitted my bar end up weight kept coming loose. If I tightened it up too much it would make the throttle stiff. I've now put some thread lock on to stop it from coming loose.

Guest EasyTiger

Could that be down to your bar end weight being screwed on too tight? With my cheap and nasty heated grips fitted my bar end up weight kept coming loose. If I tightened it up too much it would make the throttle stiff. I've now put some thread lock on to stop it from coming loose.

I will check that. Not something the dealer came up with.