What a joke

Guest Stavig

I think it was mentioned before and it will be mentioned well after.

Ladies and Gentelmen I give you Norton Way Honda Letchworth. Please I live in Borehamwood and I need to find out where is the nearest decent official Honda garage because these guys up there are absolutely must be having a laugh.

152 GBP for the 600 miles oil change. But I cant go anywhere esle since they have my hitted grips which they need to install because I got them for free when I bought the bike but still havent fit them.

Three weeks after purchase still on backorder. Thats what they say. I am sure they are on backorder because they havent ordered them yet. Anyway they were all good up to a point I paid the reservation fee for the bike. After that no sign unless I called them

steelhorseuk

Hey mate, if it helps, what about Graftons at MK. Official Honda dealer just off the M1, Junction 13.

• Like 1

I use to know Grafton's very well when I lived in MK and they were a spot on bunch. It was a long time ago though.

I've also had dealings with Norton Way Honda and all I can say is they were crap! They even put the wrong bloody number plate on my bike and I didn't realise until I tried to Sorn the thing and got a letter from DVLA stating the reg number I quoted didn't exist. Complete utter w##k##s.

Edited by wozza
Guest The Mad Jock

Another thumbs up for Graftons, Stavros, been dealing with them a good while now.  Not far from J13 M1 so not too bad for you.  Ask for Lesley to book in for service work etc.

road runner

Hi,

I purchased mine from Firstline Motorcycles at Arno Grove, North London.

I have nothing but praise for Steve (Manager) and his team who have looked after all my Hondas both past and present.

You have nothing to loose in checking them out for prices at your next service interval. They are also good with prices for luggage and clothing. Also, they are not a million miles away from you!

I think it was mentioned before and it will be mentioned well after.

Ladies and Gentelmen I give you Norton Way Honda Letchworth. Please I live in Borehamwood and I need to find out where is the nearest decent official Honda garage because these guys up there are absolutely must be having a laugh.

152 GBP for the 600 miles oil change. But I cant go anywhere esle since they have my hitted grips which they need to install because I got them for free when I bought the bike but still havent fit them.

Three weeks after purchase still on backorder. Thats what they say. I am sure they are on backorder because they havent ordered them yet. Anyway they were all good up to a point I paid the reservation fee for the bike. After that no sign unless I called them

Have you seen this thread which is about Letchworth Honda started by Chicken Flaps?

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/2161-first-600-miles-service-costs/

I ended up paying around 100 quid after telling the dealer about what Neil ended up paying in the end. Also they price matched 1stLine in Barnet for the one year service and also gave me a hire bike for free.

You should go back and ask why you were charged so much compared to what Neil and myself paid for the 600 mile service and why they cost so much more then 1stLine for the same work

Edited by tc3
steelhorseuk

Hey mate, if it helps, what about Graftons at MK. Official Honda dealer just off the M1, Junction 13.

Anything helps. are you happy with them?

I am happy with them yes, I have had alot of problems with my NC and its been dealt with no quibbles by Graftons.

(I did also report my problems to Honda UK but they were not problems with the dealer I must add)

Graftons are not perfect, but these days we cannot expect top quality service anywhere can we?

The mechanics at Graftons know what they are doing though and I know them quite well enough to recommend them.

The Harrow dealer you mentioned is that Ruislip manor? If you're talking about Ruislip Manor Honda dealer, I did not get very good service when I went in there looking to buy a bike, they were completely not interested in taking my cash so I never went back again. (My GF lives near there which is why I considered them at the time)

Mark

I don't know how good are their mechanics. They could be brilliant but their customer service is just awful.

I will definitely not be going back there but they still do need to fit my heated grips and I hope they're not charging me for that because they were supposed to be free and delivered with the new bike.

I also completed the feedback form and I did mentioned all my issues. Did both online and over the phone.

1st line seems to be getting very good reviews by you guys so I will definitely try them.

By the way what's the most common problem with the NCX manual? Just to be prepared for what might come up

road runner

By the way what's the most common problem with the NCX manual? Just to be prepared for what might come up

Touch wood, no problems with mine to date at 5000 miles. Only thing that has been addressed is a replacement chain under warranty. 

I don't know how good are their mechanics. They could be brilliant but their customer service is just awful.

I will definitely not be going back there but they still do need to fit my heated grips and I hope they're not charging me for that because they were supposed to be free and delivered with the new bike.

I also completed the feedback form and I did mentioned all my issues. Did both online and over the phone.

1st line seems to be getting very good reviews by you guys so I will definitely try them.

So why do you say they have bad customer service? Are you just peed of that you paid the price for the service without researching the average cost? Did you not ask them the cost of first service when booking it? Their customer service is no where as bad as you are making out. If you do not believe they have ordered the grips then ask to see the order page on their PC, they showed me an order that was taking a while when I needed a piece for my PCX scooter when I asked if I could see.

So why do you say they have bad customer service? Are you just peed of that you paid the price for the service without researching the average cost? Did you not ask them the cost of first service when booking it? Their customer service is no where as bad as you are making out. If you do not believe they have ordered the grips then ask to see the order page on their PC, they showed me an order that was taking a while when I needed a piece for my PCX scooter when I asked if I could see.

Are you working for them? Just joking

The bad customer service includes a lot more other things I havent mentioned because they are not relevant to the post. I just wanted to know on this post if there are any good recommendations. If you want to hear the whole story I can tell you

Are you working for them? Just joking

The bad customer service includes a lot more other things I havent mentioned because they are not relevant to the post. I just wanted to know on this post if there are any good recommendations. If you want to hear the whole story I can tell you

I was asking as I thought you were being a bit too harsh saying customer service is that bad based on what you had talked about but if there is other stuff you have not disclosed here fair enough :)

Share the whole story if you wish as it could help someone in the future

Edited by tc3

I cannot recommend any particular dealer, but I can tell you a dealer to avoid ..I was quoted £350 for a 8000 service from Motorden of Shoreditch...Seems a bit rich to me...I,m getting it done at Geoge Petch in Grimsby,for £183....it may be grim in Grimsby but at least its cheapish !!!

No problem. I can say the whole story

Right the whole story as objective as I can say it with no drama.

Its a long one so sorry in advance for that

I have been researching for new bikes and for various reasons i ended up on the NC700X. Obviously being a new bike on the market no point going for a second hand. So I had to research dealers. Went to Metropolis in Vauxhall got a nice offer of Red with free Honda main stand, Givi Engine bars, R&G Rad guard. Honda Finance. Coming to customer service. When I walked in the guy there very polite. I said I want to look the NCX he showed me the bike, the features, and basically talked me through all of the saling points the bike had even though I did make my research beforehand and I knew them. He did ask if I wanted to mount the bike see how it feels, If i was interested in test riding it and then we moved to his desk to talk about finance. I also asked about colors they told me one red left. On the showroom there was a white one but it was sold so he took me to upstairs to show me the red he had. Half assembled but it was there so I could see the color. Next batch to come before Xmas. I didnt have my full licence then so I didnt want to risk and book the bike yet but the guy anyway took my details to run a credit check with Honda just to make sure I could get the finance. And he did call me the day after saying all ok with Honda.

When I was doing my full test on Letchworth I decided to go to Honda there and see what they have to say. So I walked into the dealership very polite there as well. They showed me to their motorbike section. I saw the bike and a sales person comes says hi, I tell him I am in interested in the NCX and he says fine I will call another sales person. So the next sales person comes very polite introduces himself I say again I am interested in NCX, he says oh yes really good bike, he POINTS it out to me and then he says can you follow me please. So we go to his desk.

(I am not shortening anything. He actually pointed the bike and asked me to follow him on the desk. No showing or talking about the bike. Not even asking if I knew anything about the bike)

So we go to the desk and gets the offer form out straight away. He goes through the finance plans asks how much deposit I have and details. So basically up to this point the only mentioning of the bike was the pointing and oh yes its a really good bike.

Anyway I ask what freebies he can give. Obviously the Honda dealer could only give Honda things so I went for the heated grips as they are useful and the most expensive one. After the luggage set which I dont thing they would give it for free. Then I ask for colors. He says I have a white one but we can order any color.

Didnt want to book the bike cause of licence. But I decided to go with Honda because of colors and heated grips. I thought the other extras are not so expensive one by one so I can do it later. Also I wasnt keen on the red. After I joined the forum I found that reds are actually faster.

Two days later on my test I got the licence. Thursday. The sales person wasnt working there on Thursdays and apparently no one else could deal with me about that. Didntmatter I was in Letchworth and I could go and book the bike the same day. Anyway next day I was at work. I got 3 missed calls asking if I passed the test and if I wanted to book it. I give him a call back asking about the colors he actually said sorry only white the rest on before Xmas. I said fine white with heated grips for free it is. So we agreed. He called again so I can speak to the manager so I can pay the reservation fee as I said I'll pay the 500 first to reserve and the rest upon collection. So I paid all ok. They havent made a credit check yet. So they took the money without knowing if I can take the bike. I asked how long will it take. He said a week. Because we need to order the heated grips and then fit them. But he was going to call to let me know.

Was I right to expect the bike delivered in a week with heated grips?

Never called me back. I kept calling if he couldnt answer someone else would saying he would pass the message and get a call back. Never got a call back. I am not talking getting a call back in an hour. Not even the next day.

When I did talk to him I also mentioned insurance we said I can do it the day I would collect. I wasnt available for the free 7 day Honda one since I was a new driver.

Also he was worried because apparently they had 2 credit checks on Honda Finance so I assured him I was taking the bike from them. So far I had booked the bike Friday, monday everything was set, I ask when I could collect he said probably Thursday or Friday. But Thursdays the guy wasnt there so Friday.

On Wednesday he calls me saying I havent send the insurance cover so they couldnt register the bike (which you would think buying in August would have a 63 plate instead of 13, so the bike was registered already) and tax it and it would take up to 48 hours so I had to send it that day. So basically I couldnt do it on the day as he said. And apparently getting a tax disc doesnt take 5 minutes like when you do it on the post office but up to 48 hours. Right insurance for me was important because I had to transfer the one from my other bike. So the other bike would be uninsured so I couldnt use it for 2 days. No big deal but that would cost me 30 quid travelling to work by train. Small cost. He would call me again by end of play to give me his email or an alternative if I didnt have time to do it before he went. That phone call happened at 15:00. I managed to insure the bike by 18:00 but no call or no answer on the phone so I could send it. Anyway next day I found on my own where to send it.

Friday I go to letchworth with a friend by car so I wouldnt have to go to central London and get the train and pay more on tickets etc. I called him he said the bike would be ready by half day and the bike was taxed and everything but the heated grips were on back order so I wouldnt get them today. Also there was a mistake on my insurance and basically the reg ploate was wrong. (Insureres fault) So I had to amend this before I could ride away today. So they did manage to tax the bike even with the wrong reg plate. How weird.

Got there at 12:30 he was with another client so I had to wait. Normal no complaints there. Totally understandable. Anyway we went through documents, bought the Honda gap thing, paid the rest of the deposit ready to go. He says the mechanic will go put petrol and bring the bike. So I wait outside having a smoke, the sales guy says he will let me know when the grips arrive we arrange the 600 miles service in 2 weeks approx and goes with another customer after thanking me wishing me happy rides etc. The mechanic brings the bike hands me the key and wishes me happy rides as well. No one bothered to show me the bike around. Show me where the fuel cap is. Brake fluids, oil cap. How you lock the bike, if it needs breakiong in the engine and how to ride the new tyres. I had to ask the guy for all that even if I knew because of my own personal research but I thought he is a qualified Honda mechanic he must know better from a stranger on the web. So I asked. They didnt tell me.

2 and half weeks later Chiswick Honda calls for feedback. No call from Norton Way yet about the grips. So I give them my sincere feedback and they say they will lokk into the grips and book me for a service as well since I am close to 600 miles. I say thank you and call Norton way to book my service and ask for the grips.

Talk to my sales guy says he will look into the grips but he will pass me to the service dept to book my service. No answer again if the grips are there, if they are delayed or anything. The service books me for the 1st available saturday and ensures me about the grips. Thats yet left to be seen if they are there. Next Saturday. I am not mentioning the service cost because I ask about that and see how it goes. And I am not mentioning their mechanics skills. They could be brilliant. I dont know yet

Now I will pay Honda almost 7000 pounds for this bike. Maybe not a lot for some people. A lot for me though. It doesnt matter if it was 3 pounds. Am I wrong saying their customer service is terrible? I dont think I am on the wrong here. Maybe just by accusing the whole Norton Way in Letchworth instead of that specific sales guy. But he does represents Norton Way and Honda by working there.

And a last thing I might be picky and weird but I am still a customer. What mattered the most for me was the BS. If they were sincere and told me from the start the facts I would still have bought the bike from them with no complaints. It is expected that in new vehicles purchase things take some time. But BS me with promises  just to make the sale and when they secure the sale just find excuses or avoid issues I call that bad customer service.

Thanks again for all who had the patience to read it.

Hope it helped

Sounds like you got a crap salesman. I have only dealt with Stephen the sales manager when buying from them and he has been great and showed me around the bike etc and provided a load of info. You should have been given clear instructions regarding what was needed to have the bike ready for pick up. Shame how a crap salesman spoils it for the whole lot. 

Jed and Michael are the guys who have sorted out parts and servicing for me and good service from them. Why not email Jed as he always gets back to you and enquire about the heated grips? He is an honest sort of guy

jed.parisi@nortonway.com

Edited by tc3

Maybe it was the specific person yes. The £152 stills seems a bit expensive though for an oil change. But I will look into that. I'll keep that email if things don't go smooth. But hopefully I won't need it. But I am changing the Honda service most likely.

I find it very strange that you were happy with your experience at metropolis but didn't buy the bike there! Then after what you consider poor service at Letchworth at first point of contact decided to buy there! The first contact for me is the deal maker, if not happy walk away. I must add that Norton Way Honda Letchworth and Stephen have always given me great service, but then I have had six from them.

I dont think its strange. I compared the two offers decided that Norton way was better for me. First impression wasnt good true but it wasnt a deal braker. I knew the bike so I wasnt too concerned. I became unhappy when a lot of the small things started pilling up. And I do mention that except the not showing me the bike up to the point I signed the contract they were good. I find it strange that you sound offended because I didnt have your experience there.

I dont think its strange. I compared the two offers decided that Norton way was better for me. First impression wasnt good true but it wasnt a deal braker. I knew the bike so I wasnt too concerned. I became unhappy when a lot of the small things started pilling up. And I do mention that except the not showing me the bike up to the point I signed the contract they were good. I find it strange that you sound offended because I didnt have your experience there.

I find it strange that you find it strange that he finds it strange ;)