C spanners

Guest greaybeard2

Guest greaybeard2

Can anyone tell me the size of the c spanners needed to adjust the rear suspension unit .My  integra was bought second hand and has  no c spanner in the tool  kit  .I  cannot find the diameter of the adjustment  

rings anywhere .I  assume its the same c spanner for all models?

The reason I would like to adjust the settings are a sore bum caused by the very bouncy ride. The bike had

45 miles on it when bought I have done approx. a 1,000 miles so far but it is not softening up.

Any way thanks in anticipation.

Colin

Guest SlinkyBiker

Large flat bladed screw driver and a hammer, should do well enough. If you go to any dealer they should be able to sell a double ended one, so has different sizes each end.

Derek_Mac

Honda don't put one in the tool kit for some unknown reason.   :(

I reckon they don't supply c-spanner because it's not a conventional "stepped" adjuster. There are 2 adjusting rings, one of which seems to act as a locking ring. There's also nothing in the manual about suspension adjustment. If you mess it up it might be hard to return to the default. Needless to say I haven't tried adjustment - it's pretty much ok at standard for me.

Colin's sore bum might be more down to the hard seat - I can identify with that.

Guest greaybeard2

Thanks to all who have replied to my problem . I was just trying to find a cheaper way to get a softer

seat I had bought a air seat and used it on the ride but the problem still persists.

I had ridden over to Llandovery and back via Story Arms on the A470 then turning right onto the A4059

to Hirwaun then up over the Rhigos and down into Treherbert and Treorchy onto the A4061 heading for the

Bwlch mountain and the heady delights of Nant-y-Moel  where a charming young man on a pedal cycle

tested my emergency stop as he pulled out in front of me at the cenotaph roundabout  junction despite it being  my right of way.  and then on to  Ogmore Vale and Bridgend.

On the ride it felt as though I was riding a kangaroo bounding from one bump to another I think I may have had rather too much air in the seat as I was having trouble getting a foot down due to the height of the seat and

the camber of the road.

I was quite disappointed with the seat as I had come from a Suzuki Burgman 400 and a BMW R80RT

none of which had ever given me this problem.

Colin

Guest billc700s

The shock is the same for all models but there is no adjustment even in the service manual, as each model has a different part number I assume the shock is set at the factory for the weight/region of the model it is going into, there are different part numbers for the lighter asian market so if you are a lightweight you may need a slight adjustment. The C spanner for the Hornet 600 should be the same so have a look on flea bay or ask the dealer to adjust the preload for you if you want to go that way but check your tyre pressures as they are an important part of the suspension of the NC range and could cause you a problem if incorrect.

Guest greaybeard2

Thanks Bill,

Just the sort of reply I was after. Will follow your advice re the spanner. ref the tyre pressures they were

set as per book on the morning of the ride. Will check the tp gauge to see if its correct as  its an old one

approx..  30 yrs old .

Thanks,

Colin

sandalfarm

I adjusted mine like slinkybiker said with a large long screwdriver slackened the locking ring moved the adjuster and locked them both together again, will be difficult to get the spring harder again though without a c spanner

sandalfarm

Not really I think its a stiff spring and my 10 doesn't squash it much