Headlight/stop tail bulb advice

Crofty

I want to buy a set of spare bulbs for touring. the manual says the headlight bulb is 12v 60/55w which looks like the H4 spares I carry for my car, like wise the stop tail 12v 5w looks the same as the car spare. So can i just use my car spares or do I need to buy headlight bulbs at £15 a time from the Honda garage. 

Motorcycle and car bulbs are compatible, but not equal. Motorcycle bulbs are made more resistant to vibrations so they don't get burned so often as car bulbs would be. Having said that, I will add I carry a H4 car bulb as an emergency spare because they are way cheaper

Guest Pompeylad174

On that auction site you can get a H4 60/55w motorcycle bulb for approximately £5. I'm not sure of the quality but as a spare it would be a cheap option. I also noticed that you can buy a motorcycle spare bulbs kit, which comes with a H4 and a range of other bulbs/fuses for about a tenner, plus it's in a little case which would make it easy to carry.

Mark.

Motorcycle and car bulbs are compatible, but not equal. Motorcycle bulbs are made more resistant to vibrations so they don't get burned so often as car bulbs would be. Having said that, I will add I carry a H4 car bulb as an emergency spare because they are way cheaper

It think that was the case in times past, but not so much nowadays due to modern manufacturing techniques. When I upgraded the standard Osram lamp fitted by Mr Honda it had exactly the same Osram part number as the OEM lamp fitted to my car.

Thanks for all the replies,just spent the morning taking some bulbs out and the car ones fit so I will take the car kit as a spare set. The exception being the indicator bulbs which are amber and have a slightly offset pin arrangement.