Repair Cost

Guest Stavig

Guest Stavig

Following this topic about my accident (http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/5145-1st-accident/) I talked to 1st Line Motorcycles and they gave me an estimate.
Basically they have to change the whole left side. Anyway I dont want to bore you with parts numbers etc. The total cost comes to 2500gbp. All genuine honda parts as requested because its a brand new bike with 1000m on the clock.

Not sure if I am allowed to post prices since other people from other garages. Not sure about competition or advertising.

If anyone can tell me how to upload pics i can post the list of the parts

Derek_Mac

If anyone can tell me how to upload pics i can post the list of the parts

Have a look at http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/2622-posting-pics/'>this thread for info about uploading pictures.

Edit: sorry the link didn't show up, here's the link ------->http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/2622-posting-pics/

Edited by Derek_Mac

"Winker Assembly" !!!!  I thought only 4 year olds called indicators "winkers".  What is the world coming to?

I notice the parts list is Americanised - fender instead of bumper..........

Guest Stavig

I know. I have to say that the other driver was a very good man. He took the blame straight from the beginning, when I told him the price immediately he said he can't afford to go outside insurance and everything is settled now.

His insurance called me they said they will take care of everything. They offered me free replacement bike or car. Can't take it though because of my injured leg I cannot drive either and by the time it heals the bike will be ready I guess.

Rocker66

"Winker Assembly" !!!!  I thought only 4 year olds called indicators "winkers".  What is the world coming to?

I notice the parts list is Americanised - fender instead of bumper..........

Surely the English (British) version of the American term "Fender" is "Mudguard" when referring to motorcycles. Never known a bike to have a bumper the nearest thing being the crash pads on Pan Europeans and Deauvilles

Had a bumper on the Harley, but it was actually an ersatz "bumper," in front of the fender. Perhaps it's a product of sun exposure. As in: the more times you circle the sun the more likely you are to use expressions from generations past. :D

Pleased that you are not seriously injured and the claim process is proceeding as it should.

Edited by michael
ScaredyCat

Andy, there is a right rear on "that auction site" for £15 + £5 postage. Sod's Law is you'll want the left..wouldn't want you to miss a bargain........

You're correct, it's the rear left... :/ Thanks anyway.

ScaredyCat

TC3 (Tony) may sell you one as he now has small leds

Send him a pm and ask.

Will do, thanks. He's on hols atm though, correct?