Position Light?

Puglim
Go to solution Solved by Guest Stu,

Can anyone shed any light (pardon the pun) on what and where is the 'Position Light' on the S DCT model?

• Solution

No, I would say a position light is another name for a sidelight and has nothing to do with DCT. It is your 5W white front light that other traffic can see your position by.

"Position light" is the 5w light in the headlight cluster - the equivalent of side or parking lights on a car. Seems to me to be pretty much redundant now that the headlight is permanently on. On various bikes I've had in the past it was possible to leave it on when parked by turning the ignition key past "lock" to "park" but this doesn't seem to be an option any more.

BTW don't get me started about car drivers think it's OK to just use parking lights in fog or low light!

"Woodbars' 'stu's " and mikmcd's explanation looks to be the most likely explanation (thanks) .....what has confused me and probably others is the fact that the headlight comes on automatically with no provision to turn it off. When the headlight is on, the 'position light' cannot be seen anyway due to the different wattages.

A strange design ? It's like have a headlight of 100 watts and a candle alongside....what's the point of a candle ! ! !

Thanks to all for your comments......

Rocker66

It's probably because some markets don't have the headlight permantly on

• Like 1

Good point Guru.....many thanks

"

BTW don't get me started about car drivers think it's OK to just use parking lights in fog or low light!

Black cabs in London seem to be the favorite for doing this at night  - while it is legal in a built up area with street lights, how much money does it really save? :cry:

The new one is cars with DRLs at night they don't realise they are not showing any light to the rear. I had to tell 3 cars in one night commuting home this week.

Really? I don't think Honda will produce a bike without headlights permanently on for markets that don't require headlights permanently on. Can you imagine the cost of providing a light switch rather than just give them the same product!!!

I think it's most likely still a legal requirement outdated by headlights permanently on.

Plus most bikes still have a parking ight described by mikmcd - not sure about the NC

Rocker66

Really? I don't think Honda will produce a bike without headlights permanently on for markets that don't require headlights permanently on. Can you imagine the cost of providing a light switch rather than just give them the same product!!!

I think it's most likely still a legal requirement outdated by headlights permanently on.

Plus most bikes still have a parking ight described by mikmcd - not sure about the NC

Try the USA for one

• 8 months later...
bazza

Try riding Morocco -its LAW there that you can drive (ride?) at night up to 20mph WITHOUT LIGHTS ON!

This is their logic

Allah looks after you -right?

So if you don't believe -or are a BAD fishing boat - then you will drive with your lights on -as he wont protect you!"

So you get officially frowned on by the bretheren.

not sure it thats Sunni or Shi'ite thinking though.

Huh?

cardinal rule -NEVER ride at night over there -camals arent too road savvy either! Great place otherwise ,bril roads

bazza

Edited by bazza