loss of power

Guest scaley

I was on a short ride 'cross town t'other night and suffered a temporary loss of power. Lights ok and dash showing no warnings. The only thing that was different from usual was I was trying out the heated grips at 100%.

I coasted to a halt, turned off the grips and bike. I immediately restarted the bike and rode off with no problems. The bike has been fine since. Has this happened to any one else on here.

Any thoughts?

Guest Steve700x

Hi, I have oxford heated grips on mine and did out of curiosity try it at 100%. I didn't notice any effect on power no. I think I'm right in saying that it's theoretically possible for grips to affect power because they're wired through the ignition, but I'd be surprised if it did so without affecting the lights. For me it's arbitrary, because 100% power is way too hot! even for the coldest morning! Something of a mystery then ... Steve

Guest motorboy

I think you already answered your own question, sounds like your grips needed more amps than the bike could put out.You need to put a volt meter on your battery with the bike running and turn on the grips on high if the voltage  drops to say 10 volts or so that it...

• 1 month later...