question for those who have removed exhaust system

Mike5100

Mike5100

Had to take mine off yesterday to drift out the centre stand.  Put it all back together and went riding.  Noticed today that there was a wire hanging loose near the point where the rubber mount for the midpoint of the exhaust is.  ie close to the centre stand pivot.  The wire has a fancy brass washer on the end with 3 locating tags (two pointing outwards and one inwards).  There was a hole near it so I have just used an ordinary allen bolt to fix it in place with a steel washer.  If anyone knows what this wire is and whether I have lost anything that goes with it, please shout up.  (It was probably hanging loose yesterday whilst riding and I didn't notice any problems)

Thanks

Mike

Mike5100

I'm in Halfords now but the salesman says they have just sold the last oc their spandrel adjusters :-(

Mike

That'll be the imperial version then.

Mike5100

ok ok .... :D   .... could we see if anyone actually has an answer  :getlost:

Mike

Guess it'll be this then (12?) Described as the ground wire for the O2 sensor, so dentonlad hedged his bets on that one! :D

F_22.jpg

Edited by embee
Mike5100

Yes thanks chaps it looks like wire 12 and it doesn't look like anything is missing, so the plain bolt I have put in should be OK.

Thanks

Mike

Guest woodbar

Glad you got the answer and it was not serious!

The only thing that strikes me is, looking at that diagram, next to the wire, item 12, there is a detail box with an arrow and the legend F32 - what's that about - or is it just telling you that it connects to an item on another page?

I can't work out what item 5 is?

Obviously not on the ball today - I think I'll go and lie down!

The fiches can be seen here http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/

I think you're right about the page reference. The item 5 and fixings 19 aren't on the parts list for the UK model, maybe it's a cover used in other markets for example (there are a lot of market models listed in the selection menu, Russia, Thailand etc).

That will be spandrel adjustment trunnion.

Is that spelled correctly? :devil: