breakdown cover best for bikes??

Guest Monkeyuk

Guest Monkeyuk

i was looking to renew my insurance and part of that was do i include breakdown cover or get it separately? and if so who is the best for this? as the aa who im with under my Honda warranty don't know what end of a bike you sit on lol

ScaredyCat

I'm with the RAC for my car, I phoned and asked them and they said I was covered on the bike too. So if you have car cover check to see if they'll cover your bike too..

Guest NCXrookie

We have AA cover which covers both cars and bikes.   Twice I have had to call on the AA, not on the X but when on my previous bike, (CBF1000), and they were superb.  The first a puncture in the rear was plugged so I could get back to the garage at slow speed.  The second was the well documented fault on the older CBF 1000.  About 50 miles from home half nine on a Sunday morning, total loss of electrical power.  The AA rigged a battery into the top box which provided the power to ride back to Lancaster.  Good response times even in remote locations.  I know I could probably get cover cheaper elsewhere but at what cost to inconvenience, etc.   

I have the AA breakdown also with my insurance with JMI. Plus the Honda cover. Never called honda but the AA that I called a couple of times they were superb

Rocker66

I'm with the RAC for my car, I phoned and asked them and they said I was covered on the bike too. So if you have car cover check to see if they'll cover your bike too..

My RAC cover not only covers my bikes but any Vehicle I'm traveling in

glencoeman

My experience is that when you get away from the motorways or main trunk roads, any rescue is performed by a local garage which is contracted to most of the main rescue services. I have personal cover with the RAC which covers me in any vehicle, even as a passenger.

I hit a rock about the size of a rugby ball 300 miles away from home in Scotland. I used the AA that came with the warranty, faultless once I got through (bad mobile signal). They used local recovery firm that transferd me to AA relay at a service station 60 miles down the road. It was about 7 hours before me and my bike got home, great service. I won't mention the damage and how much it cost, OUTRAGEOUS.